• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 8 back to his best, good kicking, excellent in the air, confidence looks back
Mulgrew 7 was doing well till went off
Grant 7 complete lunatic, WILL get booked/sent off every week, excellent strong tackles when he times them right, not a left back but coped ok
Francis 8 class act, one for future Championship football
Barrett 7 looked like the dominant player of old
Clarke 7 one worrying moment but generally swept up
Black 7 useful player to have, won a lot of headers from goal kicks
Gower 9 mom pulled all the strings and when he plays like this we will generally win
Bailey 7 done a job, got an early injury, bit subdued
Macca 7 still not his battling best but chipped in with another goal
Kanu 5 pretty non existent apart from the goal
Walker 8 gets everywhere, skill, pace and a great find for this division, can we keep him?
Barney 8 just being on the pitch gives the team a lift, always buzzing and looking for an opening
Moose 6 good control but not his position wide right

Good team effort but wish we would go for 2 goals rather than sit back and invite the inevitable equaliser, Hudders were not great but we again nearly chucked away 2 points. This current team could beat anyone convincenly, why try and nick it every week?

Interesting ratings there, will look forward to hearing what others have to say. Surprisingly the NOTW gives Tommy Black our highest rating (8), which certainly wasn't the impression from listening on the radio. Good to hear that Gower appears to have rediscovered his best form, just at the right time in the season.

Walker 8 gets everywhere, skill, pace and a great find for this division, can we keep him?
Barney 8 just being on the pitch gives the team a lift, always buzzing and looking for an opening

Both more effective than Hooper then?

:cool:

i though our right side was extremely poor yesterday dont no where you got black and francis' ratings from and pretty much everyone i talked to yesterday agreed with me on that gower wasnt a 9 either our best player was probably walker with a 7 very bad game yesterday apart from the last 5 minutes and everyone did agree on that except you it seems

Totally agree with TnB it was a poor game yesterday with nobody standing out. Main thing is though we got the win.

Flavs 7.5
Mulgrew 7
Francis 7.5
Barrett 7
Clarke 7.5
Black 7.5
Gower 7.5
Bailey 7
Macca 8
Kanu 7
Walker 7.5
Barney 7.5

Subs:
Moose 6.5
Grant 7

i though our right side was extremely poor yesterday dont no where you got black and francis' ratings from and pretty much everyone i talked to yesterday agreed with me on that gower wasnt a 9 either our best player was probably walker with a 7 very bad game yesterday apart from the last 5 minutes and everyone did agree on that except you it seems

Got to agree with you. Thought Macca's goal was sweet, right in the dying momemts. Well worth the long trip and the awful driving conditions on the way home

Interesting ratings there, will look forward to hearing what others have to say. Surprisingly the NOTW gives Tommy Black our highest rating (8), which certainly wasn't the impression from listening on the radio.

Black as MotM is a joke (as I said in my rating on the SZ match report).
He went missing totally in the 2nd half, probably would have put Scannell on at about 67minutes if it was me!

I thought you might have been sat in front of me yesterday (mother with teenage kids), obviously not if you were at home listening on the radio! :doh:

Flavs 8 back to his best, good kicking, excellent in the air, confidence looks back
I wasn't at the game, but I've just seen the goal we let in. The reason we concede so many is 1. because our defence can't win enough in the air, especially away from home, and 2. because flavs never claims anything on his 6 yard box.

Why on earth was Collis dropped?

I wasn't at the game, but I've just seen the goal we let in. The reason we concede so many is 1. because our defence can't win enough in the air, especially away from home, and 2. because flavs never claims anything on his 6 yard box.

The Oscar for stating the bleeding obvious goes to.............:tumbleweed:

Looking back at the goal it almost seems as if Francis & Clarke were both unsure who was picking up Booth & he loses the pair of them to climb higher and nod the ball in.

Not directly Flavs fault I'd say (other than the defence are aware of his issues with coming for crosses). As I said in my report I did feel he was showing a lot more desire to come and claim crosses though!

Black as MotM is a joke (as I said in my rating on the SZ match report).
He went missing totally in the 2nd half, probably would have put Scannell on at about 67minutes if it was me!

I thought you might have been sat in front of me yesterday (mother with teenage kids), obviously not if you were at home listening on the radio! :doh:

No - just couldn't afford it, we've got a box for Swansea for my dad's birthday then are going to Swindon as well so this one was one we missed out on. Bit brassic at the moment!

On the radio Chris Phillips saying that Booth was winning everything in the air.

Wiggy's match reports have been much better of late, and I don't normally pay too much attention to Chris Phillips' match reports, so can someone clear up whether we were getting continually beaten in the air or not?

Because he wasn't much better than Flahavan. And as Flavs has played regular first team football for three years or so I reckon Tilly's right in thinking that this gives him the edge for the rest of the season.

We need a new goalkeeper next season though, whatever league we're in.

Percentage Football

Grant 7 complete lunatic, WILL get booked/sent off every week, excellent strong tackles when he times them right, not a left back but coped ok
Gower 9 mom pulled all the strings and when he plays like this we will generally win

Good team effort but wish we would go for 2 goals rather than sit back and invite the inevitable equaliser, Hudders were not great but we again nearly chucked away 2 points. This current team could beat anyone convincenly, why try and nick it every week?

As above IMO

Will Take the Result regardless......

.... of the performance at this point in the season.

The whole team could get 1.25 and the winning would still over-ride.

Murinho was ousted for his chosen ones not playing exciting football

What the 'eck does a woman know about football anyhow??

Am i really expected to take any notice of these marks and opinions??

:whistling:

Back