• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggys ratings,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 9 quality as always
Che 4 poor display
Prior 8 nearly as good as the player of the year below
Barrett 10 Southend legend to be!
Hunt 6 O.K
Maher 7 controlled things midfield adequately
Bents 6 bit of a headless chicken but got involved
Petts 4 Still can't see what he adds
Nicalou 6 not attacking like he was
Dudders 7 committed but what can you do with no service
Eastwood 4 Luxury player if he aint scoring wonder goals!

olau 6 Not bad but not attacking like he was

I don't know what Petts has to do to please some people.  He has become more and more terrier-like with every game.  He must have poached half of the loose ball we won and I can't remember him putting a stray pass in.  And he got at least two hospital balls from Maher and Hunt.

Have a close look at him next match!!!

cant agree with Prior mark far too casual on many occasions especially the time when he made no attempt to play the ball but stood there hand in air appealing for off-side and left Flavs completly exposed with player seemingly bound to score, but Flavs was aware and managed to save. Flavs reaction on several occasions spoke volumns he was screaming at Prior many times

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 20 2005,00:39)]Che 4 poor display
Rubbish!
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 20 2005,00:39)]olau 6 Not bad but not attacking like he was
Who?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Feb. 20 2005,08:25)]I don't know what Petts has to do to please some people. He has become more and more terrier-like with every game. He must have poached half of the loose ball we won and I can't remember him putting a stray pass in. And he got at least two hospital balls from Maher and Hunt.

I don't know what half of our team have to do to please wiggy! they're "league two" footballers for petes sake! we won avital game against a playoff rival yesterday and the players are getting 4's and 6's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 20 2005,00:44)]Sounds pretty fair to me ...

WS
How could you know from hiding behind your computer or radio or from the bar?  And anyway who asked you for your opinion?  Bloody foreigner coming on here spouting about things he has no right to!  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Feb. 20 2005,08:25)]I don't know what Petts has to do to please some people.  He has become more and more terrier-like with every game.  He must have poached half of the loose ball we won and I can't remember him putting a stray pass in.  And he got at least two hospital balls from Maher and Hunt.

Seconded. His work rate yesterday was phenomenal, really kept the team going. Without doubt one of my first names on the teamsheet each week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Feb. 20 2005,09:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Feb. 20 2005,08:25)]I don't know what Petts has to do to please some people. He has become more and more terrier-like with every game. He must have poached half of the loose ball we won and I can't remember him putting a stray pass in. And he got at least two hospital balls from Maher and Hunt.

I don't know what half of our team have to do to please wiggy! they're "league two" footballers for petes sake! we won avital game against a playoff rival yesterday and the players are getting 4's and 6's.
Didn't get much different from other reviews though Kenny, Wiggy isn't the only one to point out that we won despite a sub-standard display.

All in all a reasonable set of marks from one fan's viewpoint, put in a non-controversial way.

Wiggy - I am 100% convinced that you are ither Orient or use a random number selector to give you marks.

Che i though was much better than a 4...Fred whilst he never had a good game was certainly worth a lot more than your feeble mark.Personally thought Hunt was good today too.

How you can award three 4 marks to a team that has just won at promotion rivals is beyond me.

But my biggest shock was your mark for Petts. The bloke runs his tits of for this club, he is clearly not a winger but has been Tilly most automatic choice all season. If we had had more players like Petts in the past few years maybe we would have had to put up with 7 years in this god forsaken division.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 20 2005,10:11)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Feb. 20 2005,08:25)]I don't know what Petts has to do to please some people.  He has become more and more terrier-like with every game.  He must have poached half of the loose ball we won and I can't remember him putting a stray pass in.  And he got at least two hospital balls from Maher and Hunt.

Didn't get much different from other reviews though Kenny, Wiggy isn't the only one to point out that we won despite a sub-standard display.

All in all a reasonable set of marks from one fan's viewpoint, put in a non-controversial way.
Ok, but it beggers belief what some fans expect.  As I said in a previous thread we are not Arsenal!  

With the benefit(!?) of 20+ years watching Southend (including three promotion seasons) I can honestly say that it doesn't get much better than this so enjoy it while it lasts rather than picking holes in what is, without question, our best and most committed team for many years.

Oh, and I can't see how you can beat one of the best teams in the league away from home with several players being seriously sub-par.

Final point, you had to make allowances for the conditions yesterday - the strong wind made playing good football difficult but we still managed to retain the ball and have the vast majority of possession in the first half.

Was a decent, hard working (if not free flowing) performance yesterday.

Roll on Tuesday.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Feb. 20 2005,10:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 20 2005,10:11)]
[b said:
[b said:

Ok, but it beggers belief what some fans expect. As I said, in a previous thread we are not Arsenal!

With the benefit(!?) of 20+ years watching Southend (including three promotion seasons) I can honestly say that it doesn't get much better than this so enjoy it while it lasts rather than picking holes in what is, without question, our best and most committed team for many years.
Fair point, UB, but we have been criticizing Wiggy for provocative ill-thought out posts, and IMHO he has been fair enough with this one. We all have different views of each game and each player.

smile.gif

The NOW gives Flavs a 9 (not often given I hasten to add) and Barrett an 8.
Both make the Fourth Division team of the day.

Oh OK League f**king 2 team of the day
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Feb. 20 2005,10:17)]But my biggest shock was your mark for Petts. The bloke runs his tits of for this club, he is clearly not a winger but has been Tilly most automatic choice all season. If we had had more players like Petts in the past few years maybe we would have had to put up with 7 years in this god forsaken division.

DtS
Petts is Pountney in disguise!

smile.gif

Pettefer has played in 97.27% of the games he has been available for, Maher in 99.71%. Here, my friends, lies our secret of success?

WS

Back