• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wignall/compensation

Napster

No ⭐
Sacked Southend United boss Steve Wignall's long-running compensation
dispute with his former employers is set to be dragged through the courts.

The League Managers Association confirmed Blues had failed to pay the last
instalment of an agreed settlement plan, believed to be for around £4,000,
and they would be starting legal proceedings against the club today.

Chief executive of the LMA, John Barnwell, said: "I am growing more and more
frustrated with club chairmen who abuse their managers."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 13 2004,13:55)]Chief executive of the LMA, John Barnwell, said: "I am growing more and more
frustrated with club chairmen who abuse their managers."
Andee, ORM and a banana?
biggrin.gif

What is it with this club and not paying things that we should do (e.g. Col Ewe last year!) ...

Kev

rock.gif

Wignall should be sued under the trades & descriptions act of being a football manager.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lenny808 @ Dec. 13 2004,14:20)]Wignall should be sued under the trades & descriptions act of being a football manager.
remind me which tit employed him in the first place....

Wasn't me. I wanted Jose Morinho but the board said no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lenny808 @ Dec. 13 2004,14:26)]I wanted Jose Morinho but the board said no.
I waited in for a week for that phonecall!
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Dec. 13 2004,14:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lenny808 @ Dec. 13 2004,14:26)]I wanted Jose Morinho but the board said no.
mad.gif
mad.gif
Wasn't you mate, it was Morinho.

What made you think you'd get a job like the Southend hot-seat?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, what did Wignall do to deserve compensation?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 13 2004,15:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Dec. 13 2004,14:28)]
[b said:
mad.gif

mad.gif
Wasn't you mate, it was Morinho.

What made you think you'd get a job like the Southend hot-seat?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, what did Wignall do to deserve compensation?
simple he signed a contract and if his contract states his entitled to compensation if he gets the boot before the end of it thats the law.....but if Ron is having problems finding £4000 what chance of buying out Delancey when thats in the millions.....
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ Dec. 13 2004,15:32)]........but if Ron is having problems finding £4000 what chance of buying out Delancey when thats in the millions.....
sad.gif
Easy, if Wignall's waited a year for a few grand then Delancy can wait 1000 years for 1000 times that amount.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Dec. 13 2004,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ Dec. 13 2004,15:32)]........but if Ron is having problems finding £4000 what chance of buying out Delancey when thats in the millions.....
sad.gif
Easy, if Wignall's waited a year for a few grand then Delancy can wait 1000 years for 1000 times that amount.
I don' think Delacey will be fobbed off as easy as Wignall.....

[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Isn't that what the previous chairman did?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Dec. 13 2004,16:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Isn't that what the previous chairman did?
and look where it got him......
biggrin.gif

Wignall deserves compansation as lets face it signing that contract with SUFC and doing what he did in the job has wrecked any chance of any club employing him again!!
tounge.gif

From my understanding of events, after the earlier impasse, the club and Wignall agreed a sum of money as compensation, namely £16K instead of the £25K that Wignall thought that he was due.

A contract was then signed between the club and Wignall that the monies would be paid in four timed payments of £4k. According to the Echo, the final payment is two months late and the LMA are taking the club to court over it.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 13 2004,15:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 13 2004,15:28)]Seriously, what did Wignall do to deserve compensation?
Signed a contract.
I signed a contract but all I got was a lousy phone.

Think I need to start reading them more closely.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Dec. 13 2004,17:20)]A contract was then signed between the club and Wignall that the monies would be paid in four timed payments of £4k. According to the Echo, the final payment is two months late and the LMA are taking the club to court over it.
sad.gif
Hardly suprising, really ...

Back