• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Bond's rejig stabilise Southend?

I don’t read too much into betting odds or pundit predictions. The season is yet to start so predictably without recent form of that specific squad with changes (not last seasons) they always side with budgets and perception of size of club. If it was all that easy Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich would be the top three. I’d be surprised if those 3 are the 3 that actually go up at the end of the season. Very happy being underdogs and having lower expectations to manage. Feel we may go well, top half or sneaking playoffs with some luck and just a few shrewd additions. Quality over quantity all day long. Need to get behind the players and show patience to the management team and how they are shaping us to play.

Im hoping playoffs but believe we will fnish in the 10,11 12 bracket.QUalty signings and im sure a couple more to come plus a loanee or two .

Bookies rarely lose money so I'm fervently hoping that this betting site's preview of each side in League One which puts us 4-1 for relegation (in 22nd place with only Bolton and Bury -minus 12 points each- below us) is one of those rare occasions where they are badly wrong.......

https://tinyurl.com/y4d4ly3b

I have predicted a mid table finish (unfortuinately I am never right).

"A season of struggle may be in store." Think I agree with this. :Sad:

got it from the horses mouth...by thurs..joe shaugnhessy will be a blue.. know a few people who know where the deals at.. close.

I really don’t see us as relegation fodder. And I didn't think that last season either. I think we had an awful lot of injuries to key players; a bit of a lack of structure, discipline and direction from management; and the resulting slide into a self-perpetuating tailspin of loss of confidence and self-belief. Many of our issues last season were in the head - ability-wise, sorry, but we were never contenders for relegation. And I don’t think that has changed this season. I’d have us anywhere between 10th and 15th this season and I don’t expect us to be looking over our shoulder.

Back