• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Maybe depends on which Division we're in but even if we went up can we really afford him. Unless numerous players make for the exit door and Fred possibly admitting he can no longer hack it in the Championship.

Will Fred sign permanently?

Get rid of some of the dead wood such as:

Paterson, Crawford, Asante, Sturrock, Flood, Gilbert and Morris (depending on who we can bring in Belford/Daniels?)

Then surely that could free up a bit of cash to make a move to bring him in.

I wonder if he will want to move away after this? He has tried once, he's earned a decent amount, maybe he'll stay whether we are promoted or not.

tbh ricey i dont think it will take a big contract to get him here he has only ever enjoyed success at one club, some may go as far to say he has only loved his footy at one club, maybe he would just say sod it give me something reasonable and ill 'come home' hes already a real deal legend so has a group of supporters he doesnt have to win over after tarnishing his reputation somewhat at coventry

i think it depends on how well he does in his loan spell here, if he does well then their will be other clubs willing to offer a better contract than we can afford but we have that bit more as the fans love him here and that could have a big say in the matter.

A few questions first.

1. Would any other Championship club actually think he's worth the gamble after spending so long on the sidelines at two already?

2. Seeing as he's apparently invested his money from the five years of being away wisely would the money aspect really be that much of a stumbling block?

3. Assuming we make promotion would Freddy see the opportunity of putting his face in the shop window in League 1 for a couple of seasons as a way to perhaps getting back in the Championship?

Personally I think it all depends on where we are next season. Still plying our trade in the basement league then no, he wouldn't want to sign a deal. Get promoted and start a new season with a clean slate and a chance to put himself out there again and I think he may just put pen to paper and sign that deal we all want him to.

Only time will tell. All we can do now is enjoy the ride for however long it takes.

Oh I hope so, I certainly hope so. Much more likely if we were in L1 though so we need to grind out favourable results for the remainder of the season.

If we are in League One then I hope so.

Although I dont think he will be flooded with Championship offers there will be some decent sized clubs in League One so if we dont go up then I think he will get better offers.

I really hope now he is here that he will stay, its really lifted the club just him being back, Im even taking the whole family to the Wimbledon game and my 4 year old son is going to his first game. I wouldnt have bothered for a year or two if Freddy wasnt here. Freddy is the one player that has had that sort of effect, we have had other good players since but what he can do is pretty rare.

Think it's the same situation for any striker in League 1 and 2 , score planty of goals ( Tubbs and Barnett as examples ) and bigger contracts will be offered from bigger ( or more financially secure ) clubs in the Championship or League 1.
So whilst I'd love Freddy to win us the next 6 games and automatic promotion , maybe a couple of hat tricks might just raise his profile too much for our liking.......................:unsure:

I think League One is his most likely destination, and where he would expect to be. It's unlikely he'll get any championship offers, so if we're in lg1 ourselves it will give us an excellent chance of signing him. If we don't go up, I don't think we'll be totally out of the running, the home & support factor will give us an outside chance of signing him even if lg1 clubs are interested. I'm cedrtainly not counting on it though, just enjoying him being here now.

Lets face it, his days of 15K a week are long gone.......Whether he'd plump for a circa 10K drop is another matter.....I guess he's got 6 more games to prove he can still cut the mustard at a higher level....

His body language seems to be indicating a desire to come back.

Lets face it, his days of 15K a week are long gone.......Whether he'd plump for a circa 10K drop is another matter.....I guess he's got 6 more games to prove he can still cut the mustard at a higher level....

His body language seems to be indicating a desire to come back.

Not sure he has ever been on 15K, apparently it was 8K, but we can't really know, can we?

Back