• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. I think the majority on here would've wanted him to stay. As for the set-up, interesting that both Championship sides lined up yesterday for "the richest game in football" with 4-5-1's. Maybe these managers know what they're doing too.

No question, we need some more potency up front. But whatever you say, in any other season 84 points would've been enough. When it wasn't, Phil's approach, selections, substitutions, team spirit etc got us over the line in the Stevenage games and the Wembley Final. Thank God he was in charge and you two weren't!

:smile:

Me in charge,

Played 46 Won 46 gf 436 ga 234 pts 138....average crowd at home 11,400:winking:

From the inside, Phil is staying and signing that contract. It's more or less done and dusted now. And yes, he really does love it here. Happiness is more important than more money to some managers.

From the inside, Phil is staying and signing that contract. It's more or less done and dusted now. And yes, he really does love it here. Happiness is more important than more money to some managers.

Not doubting you,but any new contract will give Ron greater compensation.

I like Phil, but with his egotistic personality he's become more famous than the blues? I hope he stays and brings future success but I fear he's ultimately looking at his own fortune rather than the clubs? This is in no way a naive comment rather an observational one

I think you've got it spot on, but I'm more than happy for us to be a vehicle for each other if that means everyone is successful. If Phil Brown rebuilds his reputation at Southend, then it will have been a great time for both parties.

My perception/expectation is that Phil IS applying for the interesting jobs as they come available if/as he perceives them to be "better than Southend". Ultimately, he's looking for the quickest escalator back to the Premier League. Given that the right move might potentially see him massively improve his salary, profile, and opportunity back into the "big time", it defies logic to think otherwise.

He may well be signing the contract and he may well be happy. I do think he is and that's GREAT news as far as I'm concerned. But, as for a view from the inside, the one I've heard expressed by a senior player is far more realistic and more in tune with what I've written above. Again, I'm not saying it's necessarily a thing worthy of criticism. It simply is what it is and Phil Brown's ambitions are already out there very explicitly in the public domain.

The hope is that our mutual requirements lead to further success next season.

I think you've got it spot on, but I'm more than happy for us to be a vehicle for each other if that means everyone is successful. If Phil Brown rebuilds his reputation at Southend, then it will have been a great time for both parties.

My perception/expectation is that Phil IS applying for the interesting jobs as they come available if/as he perceives them to be "better than Southend". Ultimately, he's looking for the quickest escalator back to the Premier League. Given that the right move might potentially see him massively improve his salary, profile, and opportunity back into the "big time", it defies logic to think otherwise.

He may well be signing the contract and he may well be happy. I do think he is and that's GREAT news as far as I'm concerned. But, as for a view from the inside, the one I've heard expressed by a senior player is far more realistic and more in tune with what I've written above. Again, I'm not saying it's necessarily a thing worthy of criticism. It simply is what it is and Phil Brown's ambitions are already out there very explicitly in the public domain.

The hope is that our mutual requirements lead to further success next season.

Where did you hear this from? I have heard that every job he was linked with in the last two years, he didn't apply for any. He's never even been for an interview with any of those clubs involved. One thing about Phil Brown is that he is very honest with lots of integrity, he's also now displaying loyalty as well.
I think it's more a case that you expect him to go to, or try for a bigger club higher up. The reality is, so far he is very happy at Southend. Yes that will probably change in the future if we start doing good in League one, and a club comes along that is too tempting for him to say no, or not apply for.

I doubt Middlesbrough fans were that impressed with one up front.
They went 2-0 down and had no reply. I would not call that genius management.

I doubt Middlesbrough fans were that impressed with one up front.
They went 2-0 down and had no reply. I would not call that genius management.

I bet Norwich fans are thrilled they did, they went 2-0 up and won promotion to the Premiership.

Back