• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, when passion for your club courses through your veins, blind faith and devotion go with the territory.

I don't think boycotts are off the table at all, but it's a nuclear last option for me, and I'd rather see how things unfold this summer before deciding whether I think I'm there yet.
I get that, but the devotion is misaligned at present because we’ve just been fuelling an inadequate hierarchy and not to the now apparent fortunes of our club. It has to change otherwise the outcome won’t. Tough love perhaps?

Just look at my username "BlueBloodUSA" as I have said before, cut me and I will bleed blue blood, born on kensington road by the Gasworks, down there every saturday buying coal and coke for my customers, Mrs Verlanders corner shop on Shaftesbury Ave/Victoria Road for sweets purchased using coupons, Digging for bait on the mudflats, to sell to baitshop on the pier and the fisherman's shop just off the High street working at the Kursaal for the Lecorgne Bros and their mum for years, I left SOS 1981, but I am still a Southend boy through and through, it does not matter to me what division United play in, I will always be there in body or spirit as long as as I am able.

5 season tickets will be purchased as usual. I have hated this season not being at the matches has felt so disconnected. I know it’s daft but always feel you influence players and managers if you are at the matches. MM would have changed his tactics much earlier with a crowd at the games. Ron would have changed managers earlier as well he hates the crowd letting him know what they think. Hope it’s cheaper next season hope we hit the ground running with a fit well prepared team. If not let’s hope we are all there to voice our discontent. Mainly I for one will just be glad to be there to chat to those around me about where we are going wrong to smell that greasy burger smell to be able to hear the players and manager talking to each other. I will be glad to have an outlet on a Saturday something to focus the working week and let off steam. So our answer is yes for the sake of a very special person in my life’s mental health who has struggled so much this last year we will 100% be there and can’t wait.

Saturday is my busiest day at work, but midweek away games I can see myself going.

Over the years there have been plenty of times I've not watched Blues. University, kids growing up, playing in the Boro Comb, working. But somehow rarely missed those important games. Now retired I've no excuses. Disappointed of course to be relegated but looking forward to the challenges of next season.

Depends for me, if we make a few signings and keep a few of our better players yes. But if we do not address urgent needs like a couple of strikers, no. Fed up going into seasons woefully underprepared with promises of recruits that never appear until we are already playing catch up. We need to be ready and organised before the first game kicks off.

I'll always support the team, whatever division we're in. I do still plan to go to games next season, but it won't be as easy as before. Living in Birmingham, and my son being disabled, makes it awkward. We mainly go to away games that are not too far from The Midlands. We do attend 5 or 6 home games during the season, but it's a mission. We've been lucky over the years, it's been easy to get to the likes of, Burton, Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Northampton, Walsall, Coventry etc. Unfortunately, the National League looks quite south heavy. However, Solihull Moors is only a 20 minute drive. I'm also hoping Notts County don't go up. I'm sure we'll sort something out over the season.

I will be there will renew my season ticket as usual and be at a fair few away games too

In my personal opinion , Chris Phillips' latest article sums up the utter mismanagement and incompetence displayed by RM.

Under the current stewardship, unless there is a degree of humility and acceptance that change needs to start at the top then it is quite likely that the club will face a relegation battle yet again next season.

The time for change simply may have already passed us by - lets hope that I am 100% proven wrong.

Back