• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2011

Who is going to win this year? The Women's looks to be open with Clijsters withdrawing because of injury and both Williams sisters coming back after long spells out with injury. Be nice to see Maria Sharapova grunt her way to another title.

I think the Men may be a bit easier to predict as apart from possibly Roddick & Berdych I can't see beyond the top 4. I can't see Murray getting past Nadal if he gets to the semi. And I think Federer will be good enough to make another final. I'm not so sure about Djokovic on grass. So for me it's Nadal to beat Federer.

Hope Murray pulls it out the bag. Men's tennis is getting incredibly tedious with the domination of Feds and Nadal. The woman's draw is far more open - I'm going to bet (metaphorically) that Serena wins again.

Like the mug punter I am, I've had a little punt on Murray at 7.4.

Just had Keothavong to beat Broady as leg one of an acca. No doubt some mysterious Russian that I've only bet because she was a short price will let me down.

Should be a fascinating Championships - on the one hand you have a men's comp with a definite 'big four', on the other a wide open women's comp.

Hope Murray pulls it out the bag. Men's tennis is getting incredibly tedious with the domination of Feds and Nadal. The woman's draw is far more open - I'm going to bet (metaphorically) that Serena wins again.

Blimey Paul have you forgotten Djokovic? He won the convict open and virtually everything else until Paris.

Blimey Paul have you forgotten Djokovic? He won the convict open and virtually everything else until Paris.

Absolutely. He won 41 matches from the start of the season until losing to Fed in the Paris semi. Definitely can't be ruled out

Agreed, he sort of slips past the radar, but as you say can't be forgotten.

Good day today: Fleming & Hutchins (mens doubles) have beaten the No.7 seeds, Baltacha is a set up and as I type Robson is 3-0 up on Sharapova :thumbsup:

And oh yeah Lee Blueblood...shut it!

Good day today: Fleming & Hutchins (mens doubles) have beaten the No.7 seeds, Baltacha is a set up and as I type Robson is 3-0 up on Sharapova :thumbsup:

And oh yeah Lee Blueblood...shut it!

Baltacha loses the second set, Robson 3-1 up.

Well that was the kiss of death. :thumbdown:

Murray marches on beating Gasquet in straight sets.

Both Williams sisters lose as does World No.1 Wozniacki, surely Sharapova must win the title this year.

I think this day - second Monday of Wimbledon - is one of the best in the sporting calendar. All 32 players left in both the men's and women's tournaments in action, always plenty of good stories ans great tennis.

Nadal has drifted to third in the betting following his injury. Must admit, I felt he milked it a little last night, but indications seem to be it really is quite serious.

Nadal has drifted to third in the betting following his injury. Must admit, I felt he milked it a little last night, but indications seem to be it really is quite serious.

or maybe not.

it wouldn't be the first time Nadal cries off with claims of an injury. I'm not saying he wasn't in pain, but it seems quite a drama for something which in the end wasn't serious.

or maybe not.

it wouldn't be the first time Nadal cries off with claims of an injury. I'm not saying he wasn't in pain, but it seems quite a drama for something which in the end wasn't serious.

Indeed. Spanish **** bag.

Back