• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wimbledon in Leasing.com trophy Wednesday 13th November 2019 19:45

What's your starting 11, and what's your crowd and result prediction for Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eaststander

Youth Team
Being as we cannot now qualify from group - how many still going to this next Wednesday!

No but being out has not changed my mind. Personally I have not been to a game in this since it was ruined IMHO by involving PL clubs in what was and should still be a lower league competition.

Club can ill afford a lost to revenue

Would have been better to play at mid day , save on floodlight costs, and probably same crowd

Sometimes the people who run this competition , should look a t the down side to clubs on a financial front

Cannot see more than 400 at the match

They'll be some hardy (foolish?) souls. Probably less than 100.

You wouldn't be going if it was a league game or FA cup. So don't sneer at those that do. Somebody has to support the club otherwise you would have nothing to moan about.

Useful exercise for Sol to have a look at a few fringe players, see if they bust a gut for league starts

I may well go just so that I can say that "I was there" at the lowest attended 1st team fixture.

Just as I was part of similarly small crowds to watch the team beat Aldershot 10-1, and Dave Smith's Torquay 7-0.

I may well go just so that I can say that "I was there" at the lowest attended 1st team fixture.

Just as I was part of similarly small crowds to watch the team beat Aldershot 10-1, and Dave Smith's Torquay 7-0.

I bet lots of people think that, and the attendance will be over 11K........

In my view this should be a test of how deep your support goes.....I will definitely be there because it is in the darkest times that the club needs its fans most.....I think if you care about the club you should turn up to avoid the club you love losing money

In my view this should be a test of how deep your support goes.....I will definitely be there because it is in the darkest times that the club needs its fans most.....I think if you care about the club you should turn up to avoid the club you love losing money
Fair play to you. My support doesn't go that deep so I won't be there.

Same here! At the largest attendance - Liverpool so might as well be at the lowest - probably!

Useful exercise for Sol to have a look at a few fringe players, see if they bust a gut for league starts

Sol should play his strongest team - especially with Burton being called off. We need to install some confidence and belief in the players and that comes from winning. My plan for staying up would start in the cups. Let's build the confidence there and let that carry over into the league.

Not been to a game in the competition since they put B teams in it and I won’t go to a game in the competition until B teams are removed. If you want to support B teams in Football League competitions that’s fine, it’s your choice. But it doesn’t give you the right to tell other people that they don’t care about the club or judge how deep their support is because they chose to miss a game, for whatever reason.

I’m going, if no one else turns up it will be interesting to sit near the dig out and hear Sol and maybe get a different perspective.
Also with no crowd you can hear the players ( well their players) which is also interesting.

Back