• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wimbledon in Leasing.com trophy Wednesday 13th November 2019 19:45

What's your starting 11, and what's your crowd and result prediction for Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stupid competition.. as someone else said was ruined by the inclusion of PL clubs. However .. weirdly and not sure why .. I’m tempted to go. If only to say I’ve seen Southend win this season. Watch us lose 0-4.

Considering the wider circumstances of this season I realise that I’m not asking much, but: please lose. Thanks in advance.

No but being out has not changed my mind. Personally I have not been to a game in this since it was ruined IMHO by involving PL clubs in what was and should still be a lower league competition.

Good man, totally agree and neither have i:Angry Mob:

Won’t be attending. As much as I always endeavour to support the Blues; the FL must be sent a message that this competition is trash by including PL and Championship academy sides.

Until they reinstall the original format I’m not interested.

Reckon we’ll get less than 300 for this one?

That said; if I was Ron I’d be giving out a few thousand free tickets to schools. Even they buy a hotdog it’s better than an empty stadium.

Until they reinstall the original format I’m not interested.
Trouble is there has been two very well attended finals under this new format.
It really needs an under 21 v under 21 final in front of a couple of thousand to get the message through to the Football League.

**** competition
Played by two very **** teams
**** crowd
**** all interest
Just general **** all round

Trouble is there has been two very well attended finals under this new format.
It really needs an under 21 v under 21 final in front of a couple of thousand to get the message through to the Football League.

Is it compulsory to take part in this farce of a cup. I'm sure there was some option to bale out

Is it compulsory to take part in this farce of a cup. I'm sure there was some option to bale out

Why on earth would you want the club to not take part in this?

Granted it’s not as prestigious as others but look at the purpose it serves.....

It was the cup that gave us debuts to some very very useful players....even in the last couple of years we’ve seen the likes of, Kelman, Hutchinson, Bishop, Egbri, Klass etc etc all have an impact.

It gives us match time for players coming back from injury.

Even last year beating Luton on penalties was an exciting moment during a dire period.

The knock out stages like it or not do take on some more importance.

It is....realistic or not for us....a real possible Wembley appearance!

Why choose to not enter just because fans like you don’t like to watch it?

Why on earth would you want the club to not take part in this?

Granted it’s not as prestigious as others but look at the purpose it serves.....

It was the cup that gave us debuts to some very very useful players....even in the last couple of years we’ve seen the likes of, Kelman, Hutchinson, Bishop, Egbri, Klass etc etc all have an impact.

It gives us match time for players coming back from injury.

Even last year beating Luton on penalties was an exciting moment during a dire period.

The knock out stages like it or not do take on some more importance.

It is....realistic or not for us....a real possible Wembley appearance!

Why choose to not enter just because fans like you don’t like to watch it?

I agree with you on most of this but just don't want the Premiers****e U21's in it. Bring back the Conference teams and I'm up for it again!

Don't you get enough attention on your own message board? Very sad.

This is my message board.

That aside, the result of this game actually matters to Orient. Lose (in regulation or on penalties), and we’ll go out of this s***stain of a competition.

Quick reminder on why the academy teams are in this.Johnson paints announced they were not going to continue their sponsorship of the competition. New sponsors were not prepared to pay the same amount. The premiership pays money into the competition.
League clubs were now in a position where they had to vote yes/no to the academies knowing that a no vote meant the end of the competition.
That’s why the clubs voted for it, the alternative was no competition, there was not a third alternative.
As a by product It also lessoned rather than strengthened any call from prem teams or the FA to have B teams in the league.
The above was all from the league chairman and our CEO

Pa re an under 23 side in the final- can anyone really see this happening?

Last edited:
If we beat the dons can we still qualify?

If not I'd play the youth.

Back