• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

If I was writing a novel/TV show a plot might include the not paying of bills etc; would be a good ploy by Ron to put pressure on SBC over the planning application.
Get the green light on the works and all systems & cash start flowing.

This doesn’t exactly help our case for getting a new ground approved.

This doesn’t exactly help our case for getting a new ground approved.
I totally agree and it’s wisfu thinking if anyone else to think otherwise to be honest. HMRC have always taken a dim view with football clubs especially with our club concerning unpaid taxes and will commence court proceedings very quickly.
HMRC are the lead petitioners, however are there others who are owed money?
SBC as well as those investing in The proposed new stadium will require a competent and financially well run football club and having another winding up petition is certainly clear evidence that it isn’t.

Why not just pay the bill on time? It's hardly a surprise, the accountant(s) will know it's due.
Many many years ago at some forum ( it might have been the stadium presentation at the royals) i spoke to the finance director on this. We had just incurred a fine for paying one day late. I had the same view as you and thought we had just wasted more money through negligence. However iI was told we simply didn’t have the money and we paid the bill the moment we did. We asked Sainsbury’s to pay us a day earlier than the agreement we had in place and they (naturally) refused.

Nothing at all in the Echo about this - only a bunch of stories about Ronworld....

The rumours about caterers has been on social media so they are just that, rumours. But rumours all start somewhere.

Thanks @AndyT ..... Unstuffed would be the correct statement :Smile2::Thumbs up:

If we’re in trouble again - and it’s hard to understand how we wouldn’t be given the overall state of our finances - we should be giving our support to the club and its chairman rather than knocking them.

Best thing we can do is give Sunderland 7,500 tickets for the final game and say they are £20.00 each, advance purchase now!

Back