• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

And I’ll ask again it’s nearly April grass is well and truly growing and should be a lush meadow now.. it’s almost that once PC was reached and the principle contractors obligations have been met Southend don’t have the money to maintain the new facilities hence why no photos … go on Southend put my mind at rest
Ultimately, I think this post nailed it almost three months ago. The facility has not been consistently maintained by the club after it was handed over following principle completion. It was only ever a means to an end - a passable (for now) facility to get the club out of B&L, to make way for a stadium build project that funnily enough, is still yet to begin.

Until the club is under new ownership, bills paid and remedial work carried out on the pitches, I just cannot see it being used. Even if the portacabins are installed before then.

They are not being watered, pics from May the 12th and yesterday below. Not my pics.

View attachment 26931View attachment 26932

They are nowhere near ready and declining. I guess RM has chucked the towel in on them as well.
Will take some money and work to get those pitches anywhere near a usable state.

Sunday league teams here in Wickford keep theirs in better nick than that.

Another line to add to the list of why Ron needs to cut all ties with the club

His "Duty of care" continues to astound me.
As is common with people like our beloved chairman, they will only care as long as they receive the adoration of those kept under their thumb.

The total neglect of SUFC in the interim is probably Ron's idea of punishment for exposing his behaviour and trying to get rid of him.

The training pitches are the latest addition to the list of things left undone since the chairman washed his hands of the club.

I think that's very kind of RM to ensure that the clubs water bill is kept low.

Bet the lawns at the palatial residence in Benfleet are looking lovely though
lovingly tended by Boothby the gardener using a gold plated watering can full of San Pellegrino mineral water whilst Lord Ron dozes in his pool at Pimms o’clock..

I know I really shouldn’t be, but I am absolutely gobsmacked at the appalling state of those pitches if the pictures above have been taken in the last few days.

It just demonstrates and reinforces why we need Ron out today and need whoever the new owners will be in (Fingers crossed for Kimura) so the club can get back on its feet and return to the EFL.

They are not being watered, pics from May the 12th and yesterday below. Not my pics.

They are nowhere near ready and declining. I guess RM has chucked the towel in on them as well.
Looking at those 2 pictures its not great.

Clutching at straws (grass straw from the 2nd picture) I guess it could have been cut too short?

Grass becomes dormant in summer in response to the stress caused by intense heat and drought, which can burn the grass. While grass can survive for three to four weeks without dying in a dormant state, if the drought or heat is intense enough, it may kill grass over time. Watering it every 2 weeks would avoid killing it, but its not going to be the lush green playing surface that we would expect to see.

I'm sure someone put on a picture or two a few weeks ago with them being watered.
Edit: Found them

This take over can't come soon enough for the club, management, players, staff and even the grass

Alarm bells were ringing when pictures went up on here 6 weeks or so ago. Some were mocked as well for raising concerns and suggesting training would not commence at the new site on time. Further deterioration is no surprise really. The bloke completely checked out mentally and financially months ago.

However, it's nothing a decent owner and some money cannot fix in time.

If this is the state of the new training pitches, how is the state of the roots hall pitch?

It's only recently had an overhaul. Is that in am equally bad state?

If this is the state of the new training pitches, how is the state of the roots hall pitch?

It's only recently had an overhaul. Is that in am equally bad state?

My friend was over at RH the other day and said it is still a big sandpit.

We’re supposed to host wombles in 4 and a half weeks….. should be interesting!

Okay a heads up.

I have been over to the training ground, and just for the record only 1 of the 3 pitches is brown, the other two are still green and look fine and look maintain
They must be getting water otherwise all the pitches would be as brown as the first.

Why 0ne pitch has been allowed to go brown is a question for the experts who do this for a living.

Last edited:
Okay a heads up.

I have been over to the training ground, and just for the record only 1 of the 3 pitches is brown, the other two are still green and look fine and look maintain
They must be getting water otherwise all pitches would be as brown as the first.

Why 0ne pitch has been allowed to go brown is a question for the experts who do this for a living.
I wonder if that’s the first pitch that is effectively going to be ripped up in the future and thus not had as much attention to it. Just speculating here. Either way not good but positive to hear 2 of the pitches are in a good visual state, let’s hope it’s in a good state when they finally get onto the pitches.

Back