• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Prediction game

Pubey

Ok. Quite simple.

Scoring is out of 50. Winner takes eternal glory.

1 point for predicting the winning team in each group
1 point for predicting the team that is the runner-up in each group
3 points for predicting each of the four semi-final teams
5 points for the top scorer
2 points for the English top scorer (they will probably be different people?!)
5 points for the runner-up
10 points for the competition winner

If there's a tie for the top scorers then all tied players qualify for the points.
I'll try and keep a bit of a running total after the group stage and semis.

Please keep predictions in the format shown below:

Group winners (A-H order please) - Brazil, Spain, Greece, England, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Group runners up (A-H order please) - Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Italy, Switzerland, Nigeria, Portugal, Russia
Four semi finalists - Brazil, France, Spain, Argentina
Top scorer - Messi
English top scorer - Welbeck
Runner up - Argentina
Winner - Brazil

Group Winner - Brazil, Spain, Columbia, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Group RunnersUp - Mexico, Chile, Ivory Coast, Italy, Switzerland, Bosnia & Herz, Ghana, Russia
Four Semi Finalists - Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina
Top Scorer - Neymar
English Top Scorer - Rooney
Runner Up - Spain
Winner - Brazil

This forum is completely dead!:smile:

Ok so every person who signs up to play, I'll add £1 to the prize fund (split between people who have an equal score if there is a tie). The maximum prize fund is £20. It will be paypalled to the winner(s). I'll post the spreadsheet so people can double check my scoring

Free to enter and you can potentially win £20, can't say fairer than that!

Group Winners - Brazil, Spain, Columbia, Italy, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Group Runners Up - Mexico, Netherlands, Japan, England, Ecuador, Bosnia, Portugal, Russia
Four Semi-Finalists - Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina
Top Scorer - Edin Dzeko
English Top Scorer - Daniel Sturridge
Runner Up - Brazil
Winner - Spain

Group winners (A-H order please) - Brazil, Spain, Ivory Coast, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Group runners up (A-H order please) - Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Italy, Ecuador, Nigeria, Portugal, Russia
Four semi finalists - Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina
Top scorer - Fred
English top scorer - Sturridge
Runner up - Spain
Winner - Brazil

Like most things the Trust do, I didn't notice it.

neither did I and I designed it and ran it for them all the previous times its been done...............

anyway

Group Winners - Brazil, Spain, Columbia, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium
Group Runners Up - Croatia, Chile, Greece, Italy, Ecuador, Nigeria, Germany, Russia
Four Semi-Finalists - Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Argentina
Top Scorer - Fred
English Top Scorer - Sturridge
Runner Up - Argentina
Winner - Brazil

Ok here goes,

Group Winners - Brazil, Spain, Colombia, Uruguay, Switzerland, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Runners up - Croatia, Netherlands, Ivory Coast, England, France, Bosnia, Portugal, South Korea
Semi Finalists - Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina
Top Scorer - Agüero
English Top Scorer - Rooney
Runner Up - Brazil
Winner - Argentina

Group winners: Brazil, Spain, Colombia, England, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium.
Runners Up: Croatia, Netherlands, Ivory Coast, Italy, Switzerland, Bosnia, Portugal, Russia.
Semi Finalists: Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina.
Top Scorer: Neymar
English top scorer: Sturridge
Runner Up: Spain
Winner: Brazil

Group Winners: Brazil, Spain, Colombia, England, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Runners Up: Croatia, Chile, Japan, Uruguay, Ecuador, Bosnia, Portugal, Russia
Semi's: Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Argentina
Top Scorer: Aguero
England Top Scorer: Rooney
Runner up: Spain
Winner: Brazil

Group winners - Brazil, Holland, Columbia, England, Switzerland, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Group runners up - Croatia, Chile, Japan, Italy, France, Nigeria, Portugal, Korea
Four semi finalists - Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Belgium
Top scorer - Neymar
English top scorer - Sturridge
Runner up - Germany
Winner - Argentina

He is (or he used to be), and, if he is still, he was. He just probably didn't read the newsletter, like so many others.

Thanks for posting my data all over the web. Let's not get this into a Trust debate, it's supposed to be a fun game.

Also, if I win (unlikely) the prize fun will go to the zone.

Thanks for posting my data all over the web. Let's not get this into a Trust debate, it's supposed to be a fun game.

Also, if I win (unlikely) the prize fun will go to the zone.

Hardly posting your "data" all over the web, commenting that you have been a member? You've even said so yourself on here before!

It was more an expression of disappointment that you (apparently) along with many others fail to read what we put a lot of effort into producing and organising.

Group winners (A-H order please) - Brazil, Holland, Greece, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium
Group runners up (A-H order please) - Croatia, Chile, Colombia, England, Bosnia-H, Nigeria, Germany, Russia
Four semi finalists - Brazil, Uruguay, Germany, Argentina
Top scorer - Suarez
English top scorer - Lambert
Runner up - Uruguay
Winner - Brazil

I dont think the forum is dead, just that this is quite time consuming as you have to predict the whole tournament, which I cant be bothered to do, so the semi-finalists Ive predicted might not even be possible

Group winners (A-H order please) - Brazil, Holland, Greece, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium
Group runners up (A-H order please) - Croatia, Chile, Colombia, England, Bosnia-H, Nigeria, Germany, Russia
Four semi finalists - Brazil, Uruguay, Germany, Argentina
Top scorer - Suarez
English top scorer - Lambert
Runner up - Uruguay
Winner - Brazil

I dont think the forum is dead, just that this is quite time consuming as you have to predict the whole tournament, which I cant be bothered to do, so the semi-finalists Ive predicted might not even be possible

yep good point. you can run a prediction through here to help. you can change it if you want.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo.../World-Cup-2014-Wallchart-Predictor-Game.html

Back