• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Covers??

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
After driving home the other day I heard a familiar song, sung by Lilly Allen and OMG its the worst cover I have ever heard.

Lilly Allen - Oh My God.

Also most bands/artists that cover Queen songs. Face it there is no point trying to cover a Queen song they are too great you will never pull it off.

Five - We Will Rock You - Where are they now?
Robbie Williams - We Are The Champions - Music career went seriously down hill after that!
McFly - Don't Stop Me Now - On there way out after trying to cover the greatest song ever!!!

Any others you think are shocking?

Scott is sometimes seen in and around the Tesco Garage in Pitsea with his missus. If you really wanted to know...

Don't even know there names, what they look like just remember their shocking cover of a great Queen song breaking my heart everytime it came on the radio!

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Absolutely destroyed the GREATEST song of all time - f**kers !!!!

All Saints - Under the Bridge

What an amazing song ruined.

Don't even know there names, what they look like just remember their shocking cover of a great Queen song breaking my heart everytime it came on the radio!

Change radio station then when it comes on. That's what I usually do when I hear any Five song!!

I went to school with both Scott and his missus. Cant miss him. He still wears a baseball cap and baggy clothing when he goes out, in case he gets recognised :hilarious:

Change radio station then when it comes on. That's what I usually do when I hear any Five song!!

I went to school with both Scott and his missus. Cant miss him. He still wears a baseball cap and baggy clothing when he goes out, in case he gets recognised :hilarious:

Its just about bareable, when Amy Winehouse comes on thats when the radio station gets changed instantly!

Up the SU Bar when they had karaoke a couple months ago, one bird decided to sing 'London Calling' by The Clash, whilst drunk. God, she didnt half murder that one. Does that count?

McFly - Don't Stop Me Now - On there way out after trying to cover the greatest song ever!!!

haha i took my brothers ipod yesterday and the song dont stop me now came on, i was pleased until i heard it and realised it was mcfly :fury:

Robbie Williams - We Are The Champions - Music career went seriously down hill after that!

You call the "fat dancer from Take That" as someone who has had a music career? Go and stand in the corner & chant 200 times, I will not put untalented flabby dwarf no-marks who've hit it lucky in terms of PR and co-writers a "music career"

The man is a complete and total ****, end of!

Ever fallen in love - Fine young cannibals

oh, and Blueblood, how about...

have a cigar - primus

In the flesh - Dream theatre

Wish you were here - Widespread panic

and of course, how can we forget the ultimate brought down to the level of the banal.....

Stairway to heaven - Rolf harris!

Whilst flicking through the music channels today one of them was playing 'classic hits' including Boyzones version of Baby Can I Hold (Tracy Chapman) you Tonight, absolutely shocking cover which also reminded me of another cover of theirs in Father and Son (Cat Stevens).

that mark ronson cover of "Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before" really ****es me off... the irony of the first line of the song must have escaped Mr Ronson as he ruined one of the best songs the Smiths did

Ever fallen in love - Fine young cannibals

oh, and Blueblood, how about...

have a cigar - primus

In the flesh - Dream theatre

Wish you were here - Widespread panic

and of course, how can we forget the ultimate brought down to the level of the banal.....

Stairway to heaven - Rolf harris!

Luckily i've never heard the Floyd covers you mentioned.. and tbh i think i'll try to avoid 'em !!!!!

As for Rolf :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Utter sacrilige !!!

There She Goes- that dopey religious band who's name escapes me (they obviously didn't realise they were singing a song about heroin 'pulsing through my veins')

Back