• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Ever Signing

uk_coops

I know the worst XI has been discussed but.....

The daily mail has a piece today which asked fans who was their worst ever signing. Everton fans went for Brett Angell (is it true he became a shelf stacker after Stockport?). Thomas Brolin was the pick for me.

No League two teams but I would say for me it's got to be Joe Allon followed by Neville Southall.

PIKEY.jpg

Yes, it's true Bretty became a shelf stacker in a supermarket up north somewhere.

I would say worst SUFC signing in my opinion must be Sada N'Diaye. This guy was signed when we most needed a goalscorer & what did we get? A lazy one-footed waster who (apart from his lucky goal at Plymouth) only gave us that left hook at Brentford to remember him by!

According to a website I was looking at the other day Brett Angell is a coach at QPR. I dont know how accurate or recent this info is though.

Gary Poole, given he cost (I think) in the region of £300,000.

As loan signings go, Neville Southall didn't work out particularly well - two points from nine games!

Southend Connection on Three

Angell (Everton)
Lee (Notts Forest)
Fry (Bolton)

IIRC 442 did one of these for all 94 clubs and Mark Beard got 2 votes , Sheff Utd and Milwall , a couple of months later he got our Player of the season !!

Worst player Richard Young or Tony Currie

As we paid money for them, Belgrave and Graeme Jones would be up there.

If it was including any signings no matter how brief, then Rio Alderton!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 11 2004,14:27)]As we paid money for them, Belgrave and Graeme Jones would be up there.

Can't get any briefer than Tony Currie! About 3 minutes of the pre-match warm up! That makes it a tad unfair on him really

Also Gary Poole BEFORE Barry Fry left was a decent player. It was afterwards he was toilet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Oct. 11 2004,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Oct. 11 2004,14:28)]Steve Anthrobus is our worst ever loan signing!
He did nothing wrong!
He did nothing at all!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 11 2004,13:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 11 2004,14:27)]As we paid money for them, Belgrave and Graeme Jones would be up there.

Can't get any briefer than Tony Currie!  About 3 minutes of the pre-match warm up!  That makes it a tad unfair on him really
Ben Smith played less than a minute for our first team when he came on in our 4-1 win over Chester, could he count!?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 11 2004,13:35)]Ben Smith played less than a minute for our first team when he came on in our 4-1 win over Chester, could he count!?  
rock.gif

laugh.gif
McScriven is going to be awfully mad at you for even suggesting it!!!

I think Stan Collymore was our worst ever signing... cost us next to NOTHING, sold him for £4m+, scored shedloads of goals, then went on to sully our good name by becoming a headcase...

Thanks for the memories Stan!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

mark prudoe was a joke. so was gordan conolley infact any1 sign by little was shockin

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royceisagod @ Oct. 11 2004,14:51)]infact any1 sign by little was shockin
Not Tinkler.
Would have been an international if he didn't like the booze so much !!

I always loathed Jeroen Boere, still do and always will. Worst player I'm not sure but if you include popularity in the calculation then he wins my vote by a street.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 11 2004,15:37)]I always loathed Jeroen Boere, still do and always will. Worst player I'm not sure but if you include popularity in the calculation then he wins my vote by a street.
Top, top man, Mr. Spiff.

Let me apologise right now for ever having called you a plank. You are, in fact, a man of great wisdom and knowledge, and I salute you.

Boere is, pound for pound (and at 3,500 of the sterling variety, every week, that's a lot of pounds) the worst signing this club has ever made.

As I've said before, and I'll say until my dying day, Boere's signing was the embodiment of everything wrong about this club in the mid-90's, and of everything which almost forced this fair club of ours into extinction.

ghostface.gif

Back