• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Towns/Cities in the UK

From what i've seen of it and from my experiences of the locals it has to be Hull!

Last edited:
I would have to say certain parts of Berkshire simply do not come up to standard.
Some of the sushi restaurants are below par and, unbelievably, a couple of the parks don't even have a fountain.

I would also say Leicester. Being called 'sub human scum' here is somewhat of a compliment.

Kind Regards

Please don't say Leicester is that bad, as it's my destination for Uni come late September.

Please don't say Leicester is that bad, as it's my destination for Uni come late September.

Congratulations for getting in to loonyversity.

Unfortunately for you, you have to go to Leicester. Which is another crap hole City. So to sum it up, Congratulations, but unlucky at the same time

Leicester is a great place, as well as Bradford which has good parts and bad parts. Grimsby, Wakefield and Blackpool are all absolute holes

Leicester again for me. Great Yarmouth is also pretty bleak; it says something when someone brought up in Southend is moved to think 'hmm, this place is a bit chavvy'...

Oh god, I forgot Hayes. It's definitely Hayes (the Middx/London borders one, not the Kent one).

Darlington is pretty bleak actually as well - apart from those steps opposite the market, they're brilliant!

Grimsby will always be at the top of my list, alongside most of East London, and Basildon as I have to work there!

I don't think Middlesbrough is too bad actually - not yet been to Hull so I'll reserve judgement on that, don't like Bradford though I have to say.

Middlesbrough is a dump, however there are many places close by like Yarm, Eaglescliffe & Guisborough which are great.

I've lived and worked in Hull & Grimsby and can attest to the fact these places are **** holes.

Dover, its crap utter utter crap, full of chavs and immigrants. Try fishing on their pier there in the summer, its full of immigrants, thousands of them all trying to catch mackeral while using the wall as a toilet. Christ, can you imagine the smell of urine, feaces, and dead fish from thousands of people all in a 100 yard area.

Runcorn - A town full of plastic wannabe scousers and deppresing council estates. Makes Milton Keynes look attractive.

Caernarfon - Inbred central, say no more!

the name 'Grimsby' makes it sound like a ********. I wouldn't mind bombing birmingham either.

Too late - it's been done already, back in '74. I've spent a bit of time there and it's not all bad. "More canals than Venice" is a line that comes to mind. The reference to Great Yarmouth earlier is very true, but arriving in Scunthorpe coach station on a rainy Friday night ranks pretty low too.

Leicester again for me. Great Yarmouth is also pretty bleak; it says something when someone brought up in Southend is moved to think 'hmm, this place is a bit chavvy'...

Oh god, I forgot Hayes. It's definitely Hayes (the Middx/London borders one, not the Kent one).

Having lived here for 20 odd years, I can honestly say that I have never regretted moving up here. Beats southend hands down for me.
If you think up here is bad, you obviously haven't been to that citidel of style and culture that is Stoke-on-Trent

Jaywick nr Clacton is also a total **** hole.

This is a typical seafront dwelling.

2247720273_02b67f4435.jpg

pd1469686.jpg

pd1467746.jpg

pd1467745.jpg

url

I had the misfortune of driving through this place a while back and my god I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was like a shanty town. 13 year old mums, large groups of chavs taking drugs, alcohol, burnt out cars, houses smashed to pieces. I was actually fearful for my life driving through the place.

Last edited:
Having lived here for 20 odd years, I can honestly say that I have never regretted moving up here. Beats southend hands down for me.
If you think up here is bad, you obviously haven't been to that citidel of style and culture that is Stoke-on-Trent

Yeah we used to go to Yarmouth when I was a teenager, would love to have a seafront like they gave got!

Well done Smiffy!! How the **** did i forget about Jaywick!!

What an absolute disgracefull hole! Utter **** bucket. It is quite unbelieveable really, it's like a giant camp site. Ghastly place

Back