• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst week of my life to the best

Two weeks ago I found out my dad has lung cancer and cancer of the throat and it broke my heart. The doctors have given him a 1 in 5 chance of beating it and its been the worst two weeks of my life. Today we beat Col******r 3-0 at Layer road to take us 7 points clear at the top of league 1 and for the past few hours its put hope and joy in my heart. After watching Southend for about 16 years it hasnt been the best of times supporting them but today was proberly the highest point ive had as a Southend supporter and its given me the belief that anything is possible when you fight and try as hard as you can. For that, I want to thank Southend today for for basicaly cheering me up no end.

I really hope your dad pulls through mate. Must be an awful time for you and your family. Best of luck.
Let's hope the blues can cheer you up even more and clinch automatic promotion come May.

My gorlfriend was diagnosed with termnal cancer in July. She was told not to plan for the new year. She's now clear!
There is hope, positive thoughts help.

Wish you all well, it CAN happen!

RobM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lincoln shrimper @ Mar. 04 2006,21:15)]I really hope your dad pulls through mate. Must be an awful time for you and your family. Best of luck.
Let's hope the blues can cheer you up even more and clinch automatic promotion come May.
Well put, Lincoln - I'll second that.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your dad pulls through. All the best.

James

I think that today was a great day for every Southend fan.

Best wishes for you, your Dad and your family. I hope that all will be well in time.

All the best MS. Hope you get thru it all and lets us know how things go!

cool.gif

Something like that always puts football in perspective. Let's not forget it's only a game. Some things are a damn sight more important.

A close friend of mine was diagnosed with Leukemia a month or so ago. He was told it was probably terminal, and that there was a 10-15% chance they would be able to cure him. After a few more tests, the results have shown that the leukemia hasn't spread and they now believe they can cure him.

I hope and pray the same happens for your dad.

Truly does put things into perspective.

Despite the fantastic day out yesterday the biggest smile on my face came when my daughter beamed at me as I walked through the door and put her arms up to me for a cuddle. Some things are far more important than even beating Col Ewe!

So all the best to you and your family mate, you will pull through this by being strong together.

Good luck to you mate, I bet your Dad was also happy that our great team gave you some much deserved joy yesterday.

Life is a challenge, and as you say, it is amazing what can be achieved with the right frame of mind, and determination.

I have been through what you are feeling right now, it is very tough, but try if you can to stay positive, things can and do often work out better than you ever imagined they would.

I wish you well.

Back