• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would removing swear filter improve post quality?

Would removing swear filter improve post quality? -

• Yes, people will only get better if you call them a c***

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No,it will drive away people who might be good given a chance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hong Kong Blue

As we all know from years/weeks [delete as applicable] of attending Roots Hall, the best way to motivate someone is to shout obscenities at them. I am concerned that the quality of posting on Shrimperzone has, after a memorable couple of years, dropped this season.

Today has seen some ridiculous postings, such as criticising Billy Paynter for averaging only 5 goals a season when you count 29 minutes as a 17 year old sub as a full season. Or criticising the signing of Paynter on the basis of a Peter Taylor recommendation when some bloke you met down the pub, and is therefore clearly better qualified than the England U-21 manager, said he was crap and only signed because he is sleeping with Peter Taylor's daughter*.

Clearly, the way to improve their postings is to shout obscenities at them. I find my ability to do so impaired by the swear filter. How are these posters going to improve if I can't abuse them? Do we want to drive them away from the club and the 'zone, because they may, beneath the rubbish produced, might actually have something worthwhile which could be nurtured? There are valid questions to be raised about Billy Paynter's worth but they are asking the wrong questions. But how will they know that what they are currently producing is rubbish unless I call them a c***?

*Clearly a rubbish assumption as we didn't resign Ricky Otto.

You're the Phil Thompson of ShrimperZone, aren't you? No-one's doubting your passion, but questions are being asked about your 'old school' motivational techniques towards the younger generation.

Will you adapt to this new breed of poster or will you end up on Sky Sports News, shouting and ranting alongside Gordon McQueen?

This is absurd. Calling players anmes and shouting rude words does NOT motivate them!!!

You have to boo them as well or it doesnt work.

Jeez you lot know nothing.

This is clearly demonstrated by Freddy, his form dips so us loyal supporters are now helping him regain form by shouting "you lazy c***" and "good riddance" every 15 minutes. Its good for him. The pikey f***.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Jan. 10 2007,18:48)]This is absurd. Calling players anmes and shouting rude words does NOT motivate them!!!

You have to boo them as well or it doesnt work.

Jeez you lot know nothing.

This is clearly demonstrated by Freddy, his form dips so us loyal supporters are now helping him regain form by shouting "you lazy c***" and "good riddance" every 15 minutes. Its good for him. The pikey f***.
Agreed. Keep the filter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 10 2007,17:38)]As we all know from years/weeks [delete as applicable] of attending Roots Hall, the best way to motivate someone is to shout obscenities at them. I am concerned that the quality of posting on Shrimperzone has, after a memorable couple of years, dropped this season.

Today has seen some ridiculous postings, such as criticising Billy Paynter for averaging only 5 goals a season when you count 29 minutes as a 17 year old sub as a full season. Or criticising the signing of Paynter on the basis of a Peter Taylor recommendation when some bloke you met down the pub, and is therefore clearly better qualified than the England U-21 manager, said he was crap and only signed because he is sleeping with Peter Taylor's daughter*.

Clearly, the way to improve their postings is to shout obscenities at them. I find my ability to do so impaired by the swear filter. How are these posters going to improve if I can't abuse them? Do we want to drive them away from the club and the 'zone, because they may, beneath the rubbish produced, might actually have something worthwhile which could be nurtured? There are valid questions to be raised about Billy Paynter's worth but they are asking the wrong questions. But how will they know that what they are currently producing is rubbish unless I call them a c***?

f%ck off you c%&t, you're a sh!t poster!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 10 2007,17:38)]As we all know from years/weeks [delete as applicable] of attending Roots Hall, the best way to motivate someone is to shout obscenities at them. I am concerned that the quality of posting on Shrimperzone has, after a memorable couple of years, dropped this season.

I have always liked your posts Hong Kong, and have always tthought that myself and you have a silent unique bond that has only ever been rivaled by Torvil and Dean. And again I find myself nodding with your post again

so to him her he and she

****ty ballbaaag faces

I think swearing on football forums should be activly encouraged..  Some of our finest adjectives are swear words..  Most of the best ones are interchangeable as adjectives, verbs and those other ones  er..  nouns!
For example .. You f..king f..ker.. f..k off..  
More swearing I say
cool.gif

Like it or loathe it, swearing is part and parcel of society in general these days..

Right, bearing in mind that I can't see smileys, I have no idea whether half of the responses have carried on with the post or whether they have actually taken it seriously.

Either way, c%&t off

As we all know, or should, a large numbers of registered members view posts but don't create them. As these people viewing the site contribute as much to advertising as posters but don't use up as much of the bandwith by posting, they are clearly paying more than we posters are for the privelege of the website.

In effect, posters are entertainers and we definitely must have a responsibility to entertain them. There clearly should be some sort of regulation of posting.

There should clearly be a poll (which all 'viewers' can vote on) to assess the value of each poster with a league table and relegations each time. Rather than lower the value of any other forum, there should be a new forum called 'Tripe' where non-elite posters must go and post. Perhaps number of votes received can be used as some sort of arbitrary gaol-difference.

Clearly, no-one is allowed to vote based on whether they agree with a poster's opinion, only the quality of their posts. We don't want anyone being repressed. Opinions of other people's opinions and furthe ropinions of these are not allowed to ensure all football chat remains as such.

I expect this will be enforced in the next week.

Thanks for your time.

c%&t in the prem

(apologies if anyone saw this pre-mod!)

c%&t off, you mutha!

tounge.gif

(for your benefit our kid, that's a sticky-tongue-out smiley as well, btw)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 11 2007,08:43)]Like it or loathe it, swearing is part and parcel of society in general these days..
Agreed, but that doesn't neccessarily make it right though does it?

However, I think we should lose the filter, as in practice it isn't a filter at all - if anything it just highlights the words.

I woulnd't be able to get on here in my free periods if it wasn't for the filter
smile.gif

but i do like the c-word. it doesn't get used enough!

Insults are much better when they don't contain swear words I find. Calling some a delinquent, quixotic banality, engulfed by vapidity is much more fun

Recently I've seen far worse than f%ck, c%&t and sh!t on here.

I've seen the words, splendid, super and jolly good (and not all from MtS - who is forgiven due to breeding
laugh.gif
). These words should be filtered and banned immediately.
tounge.gif

Back