• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Two games in three days coming up.

It'll mean more games in hand for our rivals over us.

Should we lose both games can you see Luggy exiting?

Whether thats via the sack, resignation or mutual consent.

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

Why would he, we would still be in play-off contention. Also who else will want to come in at short notice that is any better than Luggy?

Oh I forgot, there is a queue of top line managers waiting to join a league 2 club with possible background issues and lack of player confidence.

I want us to go up this year but frankly after the posistion we were in when Luggy arrived in 2010, I think to be anywhere near the play-offs will be a good season.

Yes it would be awful if we did not get promoted but frankly worse things ahppenin life so I could live with that.

Anyway short answer. No.

Well one of those games we are expected to lose anyway, losing to Burton would be bad but not sack Luggy immediately bad.

To get rid of Sturrock at this point in the season would be absurd.

Who would come in ?

What could they do without any money and no transfer window ?

Its looking likely that we will end up in the play offs, at the beginning of this season I said playoffs should be our target, he has still take a club on the brink of ruin and turned us into promotion candidates.

Whatever happens he should see us through the end of the season and if we do fail to go up then it will need to be looked at , but who in reality would come here and guarantee to do better than him ?

Please discuss.

You missed the "c" out of "exciting"

Or are you suggesting he could leave? :dim:

Sack PS

Get Lee Clark in, he has the right credentials, he knows how to fall out with a chairman, would feel at home here !

Am I missing something here?

PS in 18 months ish has taken a club on it's knee's in terms of playing staff & turned them into promotion hopefuls. I know there seems to be a trend for sacking managers that are doing well, but let's hope we buck that.

I'm sure PS will be just as disappointed as the rest of us if we miss out, & maybe then he may reconsider his position, but to sack him if we lose the next to games is really just a little sad tbh.

Please discuss.

No, but he would probably come after you.

This will only happen if Ron can use it as a cover up for some his more sinister shambles...

Agree, but seems to be the fashion this season. Grayson, Clark and now Megson.

Certainly not a ridiculous thread though. If our form continues the way it is, something will give- just not sure what.

The teams you are quoting are all big clubs who believe they are under achieving .Sturrock came in when we had 3 players and whilst has a decent sized squad had to do it on a shoestring budget.

Is 4th place, or even a play off place really an under achievemnt for us ? Disappointing if thats how it ends but most would have taken a top 7 finish at the beginning of the year.

The teams you are quoting are all big clubs who believe they are under achieving .Sturrock came in when we had 3 players and whilst has a decent sized squad had to do it on a shoestring budget.

Is 4th place, or even a play off place really an under achievemnt for us ? Disappointing if thats how it ends but most would have taken a top 7 finish at the beginning of the year.

I agree with that but will Ron?? Does he still think we are a championship club in the waiting and how much has he gambled on promotion this season??

Ah, the shoestring myth resurfacing. The last two seasons have apparently seen us with one of the highest playing budgets in the division.

4th place ? Yes, please.

Hope thats a joke, we will not attract anyone like that to the club.

Completely irrelevant to anything as it'll never happen, but I wouldn't want Lee Clark anyway. He repeatedly failed to win promotion with the biggest budget in L1 and the best striker in it too.

I can't see Luggy leaving and I wouldn't want him to. Why are we all so keen to get rid?

I cannot understand where this feeling of entitlement to win the division has derived from. Did none of our fanbase exist pre-Tilson?

Ah, the shoestring myth resurfacing. The last two seasons have apparently seen us with one of the highest playing budgets in the division.

4th place ? Yes, please.

Next to nothing paid for transfers.

Nothing compared to the money Crawley and Swindon have available who are our competition....

When you compare what we have spent compared to what Lee Clarke had available in comparison to his competition then its a totally different ball game.

Am I missing something here?

PS in 18 months ish has taken a club on it's knee's in terms of playing staff & turned them into promotion hopefuls. I know there seems to be a trend for sacking managers that are doing well, but let's hope we buck that.

I'm sure PS will be just as disappointed as the rest of us if we miss out, & maybe then he may reconsider his position, but to sack him if we lose the next to games is really just a little sad tbh.

Ron will not see it like that. He compares Managers to budgets. If he gives you a reasonable budget you MUST achieve promotion or you're in his bad book.

Back