• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Happy to hold off not renewing to add pressure to get some transparency. Obviously we need a large enough number to not renew to make an impact.
My slight reservations are
  • Losing our season ticket seats - plenty of others to choose from I guess
  • Hurting the club/staff who have been hurt enough
  • Not enough commit to it to make an impact.
Certainly happy to hold out until the prospect of losing seats, then re-assess.

I would still go to the home games on a game by game basis if the season started without renewing.

I think we all know that the club relies on this income in the summer so it could be a good statement, however could also be damaging, but when the club has taken many head on collisions with the owner at the wheel, what difference does a scratch on the paintwork make?

You & I know he won’t do that.

If he does provide answers, they could all be broken during the season, whether on purpose or some other reason, or something beyond his control.

Let’s say he doesn’t provide any answers, even in the build up to the first game of the season. Do you then still buy your season ticket anyways? Do you buy them every match, and therefore it costs more in the long run? Or does it then become a boycott?

Not looking to stir the pot at all, just genuinely interested.

As for me, I’m torn. I have a 3 year old, and I’d love to take him to a pre-season game, and get him a season ticket, however I have a second child due in August, and I don’t know how much the wife would enjoy me being out of the house on the games I can make, when I’m not at work.

I wasn’t going to buy one after my son was born, then Covid happened and I couldn’t. I’m genuinely torn, but not because of the off the field issues, RM or anything SUFC related, more my own personal situation.
I suggest you buy one. Will be the only 'you time' youll get with two kids 😬

Voted Yes, initially to get responses ... I love watching my football team, but would want a seasons worth out-of it ... we won't last that long.

I agree on the stance of boycotting season tickets to make an impact, however, one point to note a difference between our standing and Blackpool's situation is they had space for relegation via **** players/points deduction/invading the pitch etc.

If we have 1 **** season and get relegated to NLS, then it is truly lights out. It could become a case of putting the knife towards our own throat in some regards.

I haven’t got a season ticket due to work commitments not always allowing me to go to games BUT that said, I haven’t set foot in to Roots Hall since the Torquay home game where I sat in the South Upper in a seat I sat (or was meant to sit) for the opening game of the season against Boringwood only for the seat to be broken and unattached to the wall itself. I complained on the day and was told I could move to an empty seat and that the seat would be fixed. A few weeks later, exactly the same problem. This was also around the time the brown stuff was hitting the fan again and I just don’t feel comfortable giving the club my money these days knowing that the cretin in charge is doing nothing to help the situation we find ourselves in. Will I return whilst he is still in charge? Probably because I miss going to games but I don’t know when that would be. For me, it’s away games only when permitted at the moment.

I'll renew, and I'll take up an offer of any early bird discount as well. If I have to pay cash or bank transfer I'll do that as well. I want the club to continue in business and the only way I can help with that is to input my small amount of dosh into the coffers. If that helps in some small way to pay wages of staff and players during the close season then I will feel I'm doing my bit. Do I believe that Ron will be influenced by anything at this stage? well no I don't, so withholding my cash won't achieve anything. Thankfully, I don't sit in the same stand as @davewebbsbrain, otherwise I might think again. :Winking:

For the last couple of seasons I have renewed my Season Ticket at the first opportunity. However, I will not renew early this time unless payment is accepted by Credit Card and even then not until much closer to the time for keeping my seat.

Personally I'm very close to a total boycott, let alone simply refraining from renewing. So to answer the question, I'm definitely behind holding our cash as fans until the weasel comes out to face the noise.

At the moment, the only thing that will see me in my seat next season is RM selling a partial stake in SUFC. This is in addition to getting rightful answers to the questions @Smiffy poses in his original post.

Anything less than this is a continuation of the status quo IMO and won't be getting my money.

Time for us fans to set some standards. Otherwise we'll keep getting shafted.
Please think before you boycott thousands of us all feel the same about things at roots hall but don’t give up on following the mighty blues ,it’s still our great club ,

I suggest you buy one. Will be the only 'you time' youll get with two kids 😬

😂

To be fair, I’d rather go running with the very little free time I’d have rather than a 45 minute journey each way. I’d be lucky if I can an hour spare.

When the newborn is six months old, they’ll be straight in the running buggy to give the wife a rest.

Last season the club said if you paid for your season card with cash, you’d be entered into some prize draws where you could have won several different things, ranging from watching a game in an Executive box to a signed shirt.

Did this ever happen?

Edit: I knew I hadn’t imagined it.

0458FEF8-8F6B-4F6B-87FA-8B5FF3F24451.jpeg

Last edited:
Last season the club said if you paid for your season card with cash, you’d be entered into some prize draws where you could have won several different things, ranging from watching a game in an Executive box to a signed shirt.

Did this ever happen?
I don’t think it did. If it didn’t, it surely could be considered as false advertisement?

If Kev and management team quit or leave due to Ron then I am done…. The last few seasons with no hope has killed the passion. When goals go in now I applaud but that feeling of euphoria has been killed. What we do on the pitch simply doesn’t matter anymore.. the management team and players have brought life to this quivering corpse but all hope would be gone if they leave. Sad.. but like the death of an elderly relative I’ve been preparing for it for quite some time now.

I'll be buying per match next season. I love match days but don't accept the way the club is being run to warrant giving it money upfront when it's clearly not being used correctly.

Back