• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you have timlin back.

No, unfortunately, you cannot turn back time. 34 and released by an average League 2 team says everything you need to know.....If he fancies coming in and coaching some bite into our soft midfield then be my guest. Will always have a soft spot for him because of him literally spilling blood for our club.

Tend to agree. Granted we seriously missed him this season, but more because most of the squad was in the treatment room not on the pitch!

Had we had a full squad, there is a high chance he would have struggled to get on the bench this season. We have some great youngsters coming through, who need role models, but not sure Michael is that man. Yes, he spilt blood for the cause, but he also went down for lying about Mohshni driving, and rumours of a fracas with BC. Do we need that influence with our young players, regardless of work ethic? probably not!

Besides, at 34, next season is probably one season too far, so would wish him well, and point him in the direction of Borient or the in-breeds.

Nope. I don’t think the answer to our problems is a 34 year old midfielder released by a league two mid table team.

Well, I would, I think Dru would definitely learn from him. Mantom and Dieng might also learn how to tackle.

In the words of that **** Simon Cowell......"Sorry....it's a No from me".

Didn’t he fall out with RM though?

RM didn't mind him spilling blood for the cause but had a big problem with him spilling other peoples blood.

Timlin was awlays going to be binned as soon as PB left.

We need someone with a similar character to Timlin. We definitely don't need Timlin himself.

We should not be signing any 34 year old, when will we learn.
Timlin WAS a good player for us, we need to move on though

Given how our midfield turned out we should have kept him- much needed industry and bit in the middle of the park and box to box. However, coming back would sadly not be a step forward for us- I think he had a year left in him with us and we missed that...regrettably...

Back