• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We've just been discussing at work, somebody here has recently had to take the new Britishness test (she's marrying a UK citizen, but hails from the US originally).

The comments about starting interesting threads on the "Demise of SZ" thread, plus the comment about the protests at the BNP guys speaking at the Oxford Union last night made me think, why not post some sample questions up! (I'll put the answers on the thread before I leave off tonight)!

[Also, as an aside, this just seems another example of rip-off Britain, I tried to find a load more sample questions but most sites (including the official immigration one), are charging people for online practice papers!]

Sample Questions:
1) Where are Geordie, Cockney, and Scouse spoken?

2) What are MPs?

3) What is the Church of England and who is its head?

4) What is the Queen’s official role and what ceremonial duties does she have?

5) Do many children live in single parent families or step-families?

6) Which two telephone numbers can be used to dial the emergency services?
112, 123, 555, 999.

7) Which of these courts uses a jury system?
Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court, Youth Court or County Court.

8) Your employer can dismiss you for joining a trade union. True or false?

9) Which of these statements is correct?
A television licence is required for each television in a home
A single television licence covers all televisions in a home.

Last edited:
I failed and as we speak being kicked out to live in Australia with the other criminals :D

I took a sample one of these recently as a girl at work is due to sit one. I failed on some of the "how many..." questions. Admittedly I didn't read the blurb before the test, but I wondered at the time wether the whole thing could be bypassed with a simple question...

"Are you willing to live within and contribute to the community at large and the country as a whole, make allowance for your adopted contry's traditions and heritage, whilst respecting the views of others, our laws and national identity?"

Or is that too simple?

which reminds me of the Watford player who is under threat of being deported back to serria leon. As i understand it from the reports he is 19 and a regular for their team, with an English, pregnant girlfriend. When you think of some of the layabouts that are allowed to stay here someone who is earning an honest living, paying taxes ect ect is being sent back.......its all madness to me:(

which reminds me of the Watford player who is under threat of being deported back to serria leon. As i understand it from the reports he is 19 and a regular for their team, with an English, pregnant girlfriend. When you think of some of the layabouts that are allowed to stay here someone who is earning an honest living, paying taxes ect ect is being sent back.......its all madness to me:(

But the criteria for Asylum are not based on what you do when you are here but on your eligibility to be here in the first place.

>>The 19-year-old arrived as a minor seeking asylum in January 2004.

He arrived in this country after being smuggled out of Africa by a sex trafficker.

Bangura was granted permission to stay in the UK at an Asylum and Immigration Tribunal back in July, which was attended by Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd.

But the Home Office has since launched an appeal against this decision and a new hearing has been set for Monday, November 26.

If unsuccessful, Bangura would be deported to a country he fled nearly four years ago for fear of being killed.

Bangura is not eligible to apply for a work permit as he is not a Sierra Leone international and his country is not in the top 70 of the official FIFA world rankings
<<

It would appear that the Home office do not feel that the reasons for leaving Sierra Leone constitute sufficient grounds for Asylum to be granted.

Generally a minor will be granted "leave to remain" whilst they are under 18 and in full time education, after which they have to attend a tribunal which decides their status as an Adult.

These are the procedures which many feel are too lax but the major problem is those who are not granted asylum "disappearing" before being deported and surviving by relying on the "black economy" (working cash in hand etc)

I know i would rather him than some of the europeans that seem to be allowed to stay here for no real reason !!!

All this sort of backs up my belief that to a certain respect in life if you are too honest you get punished whereas if you lie and cheat you are more likely to be better off (materially)

wow thats a bit depressing for a Monday afternoon

NB I was right next to Ghandi on the political test before anyone starts

I'd rather him than the scum bag asbo job shy neighbours that live down my road.... and they're as English as roast beef......

I know i would rather him than some of the europeans that seem to be allowed to stay here for no real reason !!!

Thats because they are European........

EU Charter Article 45
Definition

1. Every citizen of the Union has the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

2. Freedom of movement and residence may be granted, in accordance with the Constitution, to nationals of third countries legally resident in the territory of a Member State.

I reckon that constitutes a real reason

Thats because they are European........

EU Charter Article 45
Definition

1. Every citizen of the Union has the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

2. Freedom of movement and residence may be granted, in accordance with the Constitution, to nationals of third countries legally resident in the territory of a Member State.

I reckon that constitutes a real reason

reason to leave then the union then

***completely throw away comment without full thought of full implications on the econonic system******

Of those questions...

4. is very wide!

5. is very vague.

and I'm not sure of the answer to 9, as I've never had more than one telly in a house before (I think the answer is one licence per household, although I wouldn't swear to it).

:o

Of those questions...

4. is very wide!

5. is very vague.

and I'm not sure of the answer to 9, as I've never had more than one telly in a house before (I think the answer is one licence per household, although I wouldn't swear to it).

:o

I know, strange aren't they. 3 is quite tricky to pinpoint succintly too (once you've seen the actual answer)

You're right with 9 too by the way, it's households not number of TV's!

3 should be the queen if i'm not mistaken?

3 should be the queen if i'm not mistaken?

Correct, but this is the actual worded answer (it took me 2 or 3 reads to confirm it was indeed currently queenie!)

3) The mother church of the Anglican Communion, originating from St Augustine's mission to Kent in the 6th Century, and consolidated after Henry VIII's schism from the Roman Catholic church in 1534. The Supreme Governor of the CofE is the ruling monarch - use of the term 'Supreme Head' was opposed by clerics.

Sample Questions:
1) Where are Geordie, Cockney, and Scouse spoken?

2) What are MPs?

3) What is the Church of England and who is its head?

4) What is the Queen’s official role and what ceremonial duties does she have?

5) Do many children live in single parent families or step-families?

6) Which two telephone numbers can be used to dial the emergency services?
112, 123, 555, 999.

7) Which of these courts uses a jury system?
Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court, Youth Court or County Court.

8) Your employer can dismiss you for joining a trade union. True or false?

9) Which of these statements is correct?
A television licence is required for each television in a home
A single television licence covers all televisions in a home.

This thread didn't go down as well as I thought it might, but here are the actual answers: -

Answers.
1) Tyneside, London and Liverpool.

2) Members of Parliament. (The post-nominal 'MP', however, is applied only to members of the Commons, who are elected to represent one of the UK's 646 constituencies.)

3) The mother church of the Anglican Communion, originating from St Augustine's mission to Kent in the 6th Century, and consolidated after Henry VIII's schism from the Roman Catholic church in 1534. The Supreme Governor of the CofE is the ruling monarch - use of the term 'Supreme Head' was opposed by clerics.

4) Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize and Saint Kitts and Nevis. She also holds the titles Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Her role bridges the legislative and executive processes: making a speech at the Annual State Opening of Parliament and giving Royal Assent to Bills, and officially appointing all ministers. As head of state she often extends hospitality to visiting foreign heads of state. All criminal courts act in her name.

5) In 2002, 13.4 million parents had custody of 21 million children whose other parent lived elsewhere. Around 27.6 per cent of all children under 21 are minus one parent.

6) 112 and 999. 112 was adopted in July 1991 as a universal SOS for all emergency services throughout Europe.

7) A Crown Court can use a jury system.

8) False

9) A single television licence covers all televisions in a home.

Back