• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you take "Britt" on loan again for next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winkle

Manager
Just to put it out there for next season, would you take "Britt" for another season providing we could? He might not be the complete deal but he is only young and can only get better so my vote would be "Yes". I do however fel he will be onloan at a higher league 1 club nearer to watford!

He'll be in League One at least next season. But yeah absolutely.

Same. Him and Tomlin formed a great partnership up front, and we could see both of them leave in the summer.

Err - yes, but I would not build a team around him and even play him as much as we have this season.

He seems to score all his goals away from Roots Hall and since Xmas he has not been a patch of what he was during his initial loan period.

I heard today that Gavin Tomlin is going to Gillingham on a free transfer, Only hear say but from a Gills person in the know. Without Britt, that would leave us with Freddy, Harris and Corr if he re-signs.

our biggest problem will be getting our current players to sign new contracts as i can remember the chairman saying if we dont get promoted this season the wage budget for next season will be cut even more, britt just may be out of our reach for next season i think, bit of luck the jpt final will help with our finances for next season:blush:

As with many L2 sides , there will be a fair number of changes.
New loanees ( hopefully decent ones that Brown can get from his mate at West Ham ) will be a fair part of our set up I imagine.
I think Britt will benefit from another season at ours , but maybe Zola will want to see how he does in L1 - let's see.

This is his first full league season with regular games and he looks absolutely knackered. I also think he would benefit from ano season with us and it would benefit us. Must be worth trying to keep someone who has scored 15 goals.

Yes, I actually felt he was unlucky on Sunday, 2 penalty appeals turned down and a goal disallowed. He needs to learn to be more convincing in this things!

Err - yes, but I would not build a team around him and even play him as much as we have this season.

He seems to score all his goals away from Roots Hall and since Xmas he has not been a patch of what he was during his initial loan period.

I heard today that Gavin Tomlin is going to Gillingham on a free transfer, Only hear say but from a Gills person in the know. Without Britt, that would leave us with Freddy, Harris and Corr if he re-signs.

Would make sense assuming we don't go up but if we somehow scrape into the play-offs, get another date at Wembley & go up ourselves there wouldn't be much point in him going there, would be a sideways move. Surely too early for any decisions to have been made..

Yes, despite having a poor 2nd half to the season, which I'll put down to maybe a little bit of fatigue with this being his first full season as a pro.

But without his goals early on this season, who knows where we could have found ourselves in the table.

Yeah I would. Not sure how much he'll figure the rest of this season should we lose tomorrow.

Would make sense assuming we don't go up but if we somehow scrape into the play-offs, get another date at Wembley & go up ourselves there wouldn't be much point in him going there, would be a sideways move. Surely too early for any decisions to have been made..

Yeah, I would hope we could somehow make the miracle happen and get promotion!!!

Having said that, the Gills person was pretty adament it is a 'done deal'. Makes sense from Tomlin as I would imagine they could pay more than us, he enjoyed a great spell there before and it's League One football.

Shame though, but none of our team are irreplaceable, hence us sitting 12th at the moment

Having said that, the Gills person was pretty adament it is a 'done deal'. Makes sense from Tomlin as I would imagine they could pay more than us, he enjoyed a great spell there before and it's League One football.
I thought he didn't have a very good time there? :unsure:

Yes defiantly,he has done well for us.As someone pointed out on here last week he has done better away from home for us so a lot of fans have not seen the best of him.

He needs to learn to be more convincing in this things!
When freddy was playing with "Sean Goater" it really did bring his game on and I think if "Britt"was to play with someone abit more savvy and experienced ( Neil Harris) then he would bang more in I.M.O!

Back