• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you take Leon Clarke back?

Clarke: Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 65 42.8%
  • No

Votes: 87 57.2%

• Total voters

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
This topic has been mentioned briefly in the Vital football rumours website, but I thought I'd find out the opinions of the Zone.

RM, ST and PB come to you during the close season and say they have a deal in place to bring Leon Clarke back to the Club for Ā£150,000 to partner Barnard upfront, but they are looking for the fans opinions.

Would you take him back?

No, didn't want to be here when we had him, therefore sod off Billy big balls, may you fester in the Blue Square Conference South.

On talent yes, but on attitude no. Of course he's 'sorted' his attitude out, he's desperate for a new contract and games, how long before lazy leon returns? just as soon as his bank balance has gone up one suspects.

People can change and learn some hard lessons.. and if not I'd still have him for the 10 to 15 games untill his ego blows out..

Would still pick over every other striker we have bar Barnard so yes I would. I would want some re-assurances from him that he wanted to be here but there is no dobuting his class as a player.....

Absolutely not. Managers often go out of their way to defend players and Tilly is no exception. What is very unusual is when a manager openly criticises a player as Till did when he said Clarke wasnā€™t trying.
Most of the people posting on this board would give their right arm for 10 minutes in a Southend Shirt. This bloke, of proven ability and a decent level of skill, couldnā€™t even be bothered to try.
Not surprised heā€™s been at so many clubs.

Would still pick over every other striker we have bar Barnard so yes I would. I would want some re-assurances from him that he wanted to be here but there is no dobuting his class as a player.....

Yes which I dont think we would get from him - you could see by his attitude at the Doncaster game I think it was? He threw a massive strop and I think it was for the wrong reasons. He was never a bad player but I for one doubt his intentions. Sadly I think he is one of many players that are led by money, not the club crest.

I remember seeing and hearing interviews about Barnard and how happy he was to be with Southend and his passion in wanting to do well here. Cant see us getting that sort of promise of dedication from Clarke.

i just dont know. i loved him, of course i did. maybe a little part of me still does

Hard one that but i would take him back, him barney up front would be great

That blubber of bad attitude Clarke still owes me petrol money for driving up to rainy Dungcaster in December only to see him stroll around.

Would hate to see Lee Barnard having to do all Clarke's running like poor old Harrold had to.

Leeeeeeeooooon- don't ever return.

If he was to have a radical change of attitude then definitly but that is not going to happen so i dont want him here.

Back