• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
They have quite possibly saved the best 'til last.

Saturday's referee is Neil Swarbrick from Preston. A very experienced official who is rated as one of the best officials on the Football League list. In fact along with Jon Moss, he is a firm favourite to join the Select Group of Premiership referees should a vacancy arise at the end of this season. He has already been given a couple of trial "low key" Premiership games.

He has invariably done a good job when I've seen him.

He has officiated three previous Southend away games; most recently the 3-1 League Cup defeat at Hull and before that a 4-1 defeat at Leeds and lastly a 4-0 defeat at Sunderland. He has yet to visit the Hall, unsurprising for a Lancashire-based official.

So we haven't got the best of records with him and I don't see that changing any time soon.

A below average 99 yellow cards and 6 reds from a busy 38 matches this season.

Assistants are Adam Nunn (Wiltshire) and Andrew Bennett (Devon) with Steve Rushton from Stoke acting as 4th official. Steve Rushton is a Football League referee (who refereed our high scoring defeat at Bristol Rovers a while ago). If a referee pulls out of a vital Championship match, there is a likelihood that Swarbrick will do that and Rushton will do our game.

Just noticed that the aforementioned Jon Moss is at Lincoln (yes, I know you don't care, davewebbsbrian or whatever it is) so the Football League have all their big guns (and Kettle) in League Two tomorrow.

Many thanks - refwatch is one of the finest features of Shrimperzone.

Your hard work in assembling the info is much appreciated.

Enjoy the close season and look forward to your return in August

Fourthed. Sterling work Mick, much appreciated.

I might start doing a Ref Wach for all SZFC games - or get Mick to do it for me!

:clap:

Thanks to Mick - always enjoy these.:clap:

Worst. Ref. EVER premiership quality? More like premiersh!t Lino was just as bad one closest to us lot

This referee was abysmal....as were his officials. that's the kindest thing i can say about them.

Of course he was Premiership quality - he gave everything to the home team - Sir Alex will love him (at Old Trafford).:thumbsup:

Can't believe this guy ever made it to Premiership standard - I thought he was worse than Trevor Kettle!

One of the worst displays i've ever seen, possibly only eclipsed by his linesman .. ok so this is possibly discussed elsewhere as i've not read every thread but surely the first was offside and the second handball, basic spots in the art of officiatiating i'd of though ??

should also mention the Wycombe fans .. probably the worst winners i've ever seen, during the game they were silent and after i tried to offer congratulations to one or two and they looked like i'd asked for their last pound .. confused.com

seriously bad bad bad bad referee with an even worse linesman. You could see it the linesman knew he was giving wrong decision but didnt have the bottle to go against the home crowd where as the ref was so just BAD.

One of the worst displays i've ever seen, possibly only eclipsed by his linesman .. ok so this is possibly discussed elsewhere as i've not read every thread but surely the first was offside and the second handball, basic spots in the art of officiatiating i'd of though ??

I think Prosser may have played the scorer onside. Another player, not "interfering" was clearly in an offside position but of course that doesn't matter.

Thought the second one landed on his thigh. There's only one person to blame for that goal and it's not the referee.

Thought the second one landed on his thigh.

deffinate hand ball without a doubt, i knew it then but also watched it on football league and paused it and yep handball which i knew that in normal speed anyway. ref had a good view of it aswell so he's at fault. terrible decision. luckily the game didnt really mean anything to us, imagine if we needed to win and that goal cost us to be relegated etc.

deffinate hand ball without a doubt, i knew it then but also watched it on football league and paused it and yep handball which i knew that in normal speed anyway. ref had a good view of it aswell so he's at fault. terrible decision. luckily the game didnt really mean anything to us, imagine if we needed to win and that goal cost us to be relegated etc.

Agreed definite handball - doesn't look quite so conclusive from the camera angle on the other side though - guess the linesman and ref may have been unsighted. The ref did look over to the linesman before signalling a goal so there must have been an element of doubt in his mind - however that lino. was poor all afternoon, even with relatively simple decisions like throw-ins!

Back