• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Got an Xbox 360 in the week and wondered if anybody else has one?

I got the premium pack from Game with Saints Row and PGR3 - then got Table Tennis as well.

All the games plus the demos I've played so far are fantastic. I cannot believe the leap in quality from PS2 to this. Going back to PS2 now is pretty shocking.

And those who say gaming makes you lazy - me and my missus have been playing Table Tennis and due to that, we decided to go to the leisure centre and play 'for real' on Saturday. Enjoyed it so much we are going to make it a regular thing!!!

Got the mic for Xbox Live, but not use it yet - finding it more entertaining just listening in! Lots of youngsters and Americans on as you expect - and for some reason, the only English people I've heard are from the Manc/Liverpool area?!

Still, really enjoying it - so looking for some tips about what I should do and some general do's and dont's etc? I'm interesting in playing in leagues etc so have found some forums to sign up for.

(My imaginative tag is 'pboreham'
glare.gif
)

i have pgr3 and saints row, get Ghost Recon 3 Advanced Warfighter if you are into those games

Yea, that looks good - will download the demo.

Forgot to say about some great news I found today. The FULL version of Sensible World of Soccer is coming to Live Arcade in Q1 of 2007 - this includes all the teams of the original Amiga version (i.e. every team in the world!)

Imagine a live version of this - with full management career etc... if done right, it will be awesome and certainly worth paying for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 15 2006,22:13)]Yea, that looks good - will download the demo.

Forgot to say about some great news I found today. The FULL version of Sensible World of Soccer is coming to Live Arcade in Q1 of 2007 - this includes all the teams of the original Amiga version (i.e. every team in the world!)

Imagine a live version of this - with full management career etc... if done right, it will be awesome and certainly worth paying for.
Indeed!

for me the game that is a definate must have is the new fight night game! The graphics are fantastic. However, be warned when playing this game amongst mates when alcohol is also involved, things can get very heated!
smile.gif
tounge.gif

Also dead or alive is pretty fun

New Pro-Evo comes out with a manifestation on Xbox 360.

Don't say you, your partner and your employers haven't been warned....

ghostface.gif

Hmm... PES6 is meant to be a bit poor on 360. No edit mode for starters.

Sounds like a direct port.

Pro Evo 2007 - out early next year is 360 developed and sounds ace!

I got mine back in January and have just had a birthday so have quite a collection going! Recently I've been playing Oblivion, Dead Rising, Battle for Middle Earth II, Pro Evo 5 (yay for backwards-compatibility!) and Zuma and Streetfigher II on Arcade.

Oblivion's ace if you're into RPGs, and the graphics are the best I've seen in any game, ever. Dead Rising's basically an unofficial game of Dawn of the Dead and has lots of cool ways to kill zombies (lawnmower, chainsaw, sledgehammer and sickle to name but a few).

If anyone's interested, my gamertag is figure8b3ta.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brum Uni Shrimper @ Oct. 18 2006,01:50)]I got mine back in January and have just had a birthday so have quite a collection going! Recently I've been playing Oblivion, Dead Rising, Battle for Middle Earth II, Pro Evo 5 (yay for backwards-compatibility!) and Zuma and Streetfigher II on Arcade.

Oblivion's ace if you're into RPGs, and the graphics are the best I've seen in any game, ever. Dead Rising's basically an unofficial game of Dawn of the Dead and has lots of cool ways to kill zombies (lawnmower, chainsaw, sledgehammer and sickle to name but a few).

If anyone's interested, my gamertag is figure8b3ta.
Cool!

Played Dead Rising demo, thought it was ok, but I can see it getting really samey!

Dunno whether to get PES5 or wait for 6?! Have you played the FIFA demo?

I'll add you as a 'Friend' of thats ok - my tag is 'pbb76'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 18 2006,09:57)]Cool!

Played Dead Rising demo, thought it was ok, but I can see it getting really samey!

Dunno whether to get PES5 or wait for 6?! Have you played the FIFA demo?

I'll add you as a 'Friend' of thats ok - my tag is 'pbb76'
PES6 is out next week, it's probably worth waiting if you don't mind spending the £40. I've not played the FIFA demo, and I'm not sure I'll bother, I'm a pro evo kid really!

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bump!

Growing my collection now - got;

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warrior
PES5 (great online!)
Halo 2
PGR3
Table Tennis
Saints Row

Just playing the demo of Rainbow 6: Vegas and it is fab. If you like tactical shooters, then this is excellent. Lots of action and interaction with the surroundings, plus the squad control is just enough to make it tactical, but not to much as to be annoying.

Who has the tag 'Southend United' ?? Just added me as a 'friend' so it must be someone from here!?

Me and SUFCHUTTON had some good races on PGR3 the other day and we said it would be cool if all the SZ lot on here with 360's arranged a 360 night - whether racing or Halo etc?? What do you reckon??

well i believe i have been bought one for christmas, though i think it will be given to me earlier due to the immienent arrival of our baby.

Plus that i can't wait till christmas
tounge.gif

You may notice in my sig that I have made a Shrimperzone 360 leaderboard on a cool website (mygamercard or something).

Anyway, anyone that has a 360 and a gamertag, feel free to log on and add yourself and we can keep track of who's the daddy
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dloman @ Oct. 24 2006,20:25)]still can't wait though...

Far too impatient
Sort it out - all those sleepless night getting up for feeds etc, what you really need to get you through it all is some 360 Online-Action?!

Now that is a good enough reason for persuading her let me have the console early...

Think i will try that one tonight

Back