• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have recently got an xBox 360 (mainly for the new Fifa to be honest), and attempted to connect it to my wireless internet over the weekend, and it suggested I needed to plug something in to be able to do this.

Can't get onto xBox websties at work (as classed as gaming!), so was hoping someone could give me a simple run down of how to do this?

Also, my understanding is you get xbox live silver for free, but need to pay for gold, is this correct? and what is the difference?

Did it come with wireless built in?

Mine didnt, but its pretty old, but I got a free one with a laptop I bought which came with wireless.

If it is built in you just need to go into network settings and connect to your wifi.

Difference between silver and gold is on silver you can go online and do the basics, but if you want to play games online you need gold.

I guess mine doesn't have it built in then, is also a relatively old machine (I purchased 2nd hand), so guessing I need to get some sort of dongle for it....?

Last I checked they are a bloody rip off as well.

You can also use powerline adaptors if you cant get a cable to the router: Check here

Thanks all - looks like this will be a no go for me then, as my router is not even in the same room as the xbox :thumbdown:

Check the powerline adaptors in my post above, they use the electric sockets in your house so dont need to be in same room...

Back