• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
Fellow SZers, as some of you may know I have never been a fan of Turkey, and in the past I have always had Goose which of course is the traditional English Crimbo Fayre, until the those damn Yanks introduced us to Turkey.

Anyway last year for a change and to mounting family pressure I agreed to turkey but I would have to source it. Well I decided that the top chefs cannot be wrong and what is wrong with an Essex bird sprawled on your table. I chose the KellyBronze variety from Danbury.

I have to confirm it is the best turkey i ever tasted so much so that this year we will be having it again. It is hung for 10 days before we collect to allow the flavour to develop also it cooks in nearly half the time of the usual birds from the Supermarket. Although due to the fact it is ethically farmed it is more expensive than a normal turkey but the taste and the time saved makes up the monetary expense.

So if you are having turkey this year make sure you consider Kellys I am positive you will not be disappointed.

Click here for the Kelly's site.

They paying you for marketing?

wink.gif

Think I'll stick to the free one that I get from work!!

Oi - Bob - reply to my email!!!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Nov. 17 2006,15:56)]Just ordered one for my family. Cheers Andee.
No problem, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did last year.

Mike, I am not getting any kick back except the knowledge that more people who buy ethically farmed meat will encourage other Farmers to follow suit and so it will become the norm rather than the exception. Quality food over money saved.

I am taking our kids down to Barrow Hall Farm to chose our bird that why the get to understand how the meat gets to our plate.

Back