• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not saying it was right but what made the people sitting in those areas more eligible than the others.

Smashing gesture from the club and if it helps I didnt take one.

The club made a decision that they wanted to focus the scarves in a few compact blocks to maximise the effect. The club decided to give those scarves to people sitting in specific seats. That's the club's choice and however you dress it up, or pull on heartstrings with images of grubby urchins with tears of joy running down their faces, they weren't your scarves to take.

Not saying it was right but what made the people sitting in those areas more eligible than the others.

Smashing gesture from the club and if it helps I didnt take one.

In addition it leaves a bad taste in the mouth to see them on ebay for sale.

I remember going to Wycombe away by coach where the kids were given a free scarf whilst wtg to board.

A small gesture but goes a long way.
If they were not on your seat you should not have taken them, teaching children to be thieves does not bode well for their future lives.They were meant for people on those seats.I must point out I never got one I was in cat 1 seats in the west.Oh how I would love 1' would love to see them put on general sale to the public quickly to nullify the sales on eBay.

If it wasn't on your seat then you shouldn't of nicked one. They were the selected sections and seats chosen for those scarves.

I watched some kids pretending like they were trying seats out then shoving scarves up their tops. As said earlier what if it was a youngster sat there and everyone around him has one and he doesn't? All because some little thief has had it away. Shocking behaviour!

Perhaps i should be taken before the Beak and incarcerated for my crimes, along with several hundred others if you watch the video clips it looked amazing irrelevant of the intention. perhaps the adults should have given theirs up for the kids if so concerned. end of conversation

As I said earlier in the thread, I totally understand why 'proper fans' took the scarfs, it meant that I didn't get one but I get that and understand it. Its the fact that someone is selling one, so clearly they don't need it (it cant be because they are hard up as they also have another scarf and a program).

Anyway I would rather have the win and no scarf, than loose and have a scarf:winking:

Perhaps i should be taken before the Beak and incarcerated for my crimes, along with several hundred others if you watch the video clips it looked amazing irrelevant of the intention. perhaps the adults should have given theirs up for the kids if so concerned. end of conversation
Why the hell should the adults have given them up for the kids?, if they were not on their seats they should'nt have taken them.THEFT I am 70 plus years and we were taught values.DO NOT STEAL.

It's quite simple, the choice to put the scarves out was in an identifiable area immediately behind the goal - the place were they would have the most visual impact. Anyone who took scarves out of that section clearly shouldn't have done so. However "unfair" you may think that, you deprived someone who should have had one, and who may have been a child also.

Was a bit gutted to have been in one of the scarf designated blocks, especially having told in advance (including a young boy) those I was going with that we were going to have scarfs waiting for us only to find our row in the said block was a handful of rows to far back to get one. A bit of pre-match mis-information, but not losing any sleep over it, the view of all twirling them was terrific as was the gesture by the club. A number of the scarfs were in block 135 in unsold seats - it is there that a number were lifted from when it became clear that those seats were unoccupied.

Definitely think the club should put some on sale and we all focus on a little twirling at away games next season, could become a bit of a unique sarfend feature in the absence of any real SUFC specific terrace song.

Didn't see anyone taking scarves from seats in the block I was in. Don't normally wear a scarf (and probably won't wear this one) but it was nice to have it to twirl around and act as a stress ball!

There was a whole block in front of me where the seats were either not sold or people didn't turn up that had scarves on. Quite rightly these disappeared.

There was a whole block in front of me where the seats were either not sold or people didn't turn up that had scarves on. Quite rightly these disappeared.

Same here, in one corner of Block 135 there must have been 100 empty seats with scarves on them at kick off. Eventually the stewards gathered the scarves up and left them in a pile for people to help themselves.

Had a feeling that some little ***** would scoop up as many of the scarves places on people's seats as possible - confirmed when 7 of us took our places in Block 132, to find not one scarf in our midst. Shameful.

Same for me, very disappointing.

I was in Block 134 and when I turned up (around 5pm) every seat had one in my entire row and to be honest everywhere I looked, I was very impressed not with the fact I had a free scarf but how magnificent they looked, massive thanks and well done to the club for this one!

That's one to remember for sure and yes I have some videos on my Twitter.

If anyone does have a spare one, or doesn't want to keep theirs, I would really love one, Thanks ! x

Back