• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeovil

Southstandblue

Just looking ahead to this Saturday, How important do you rank this game in the history of Southend United?.
I would go as far as to say that this would rank in the top 5, anyone think differently?

Withoubt doubt one of the biggest games in our history, im sure Yeovil fans feel the same too..

I cant take this, its still 5 days away, im a nervous wreck already!.

sad.gif

Was just speaking to my mate about this last night.

I rate this right up there with the biggest games in our history. Basically the winning of the league and the culmination of 46 league games comes down to one match!

Imagine how we are feeling (and how we will be come Friday) and then think of the players on Saturday!?

Lets get the b******s out of moaning at the players, fighting amongst our own and shouting for Gower to be brought on etc - LETS GET BEHIND SOUTHEND UNITED FOR 90 MINUTES.

If we dont win, at least as supporters we can be proud we did our best. Against Oxford, I think the support (certainly around me) was awful. I know we are all nervous etc, but do you think moaning that we arent getting it forward etc is going to help? This was after about 5 minutes when we were actually keeping the ball quite well.

Lets try to think this week how we can make a difference to the result on Saturday...

Im with you on this one pboreham, this game means so much, this is what we have been waiting for since we were relegated, we need to get behind every single player (even if they have a poor game) no moaners please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ April 25 2005,13:14)]Lets get the b******s out of moaning at the players, fighting amongst our own and shouting for Gower to be brought on etc - LETS GET BEHIND SOUTHEND UNITED FOR 90 MINUTES.

If we dont win, at least as supporters we can be proud we did our best. Against Oxford, I think the support (certainly around me) was awful. I know we are all nervous etc, but do you think moaning that we arent getting it forward etc is going to help? This was after about 5 minutes when we were actually keeping the ball quite well.

Lets try to think this week how we can make a difference to the result on Saturday...
Spot on, let's put aside our opinions on who we think should or should not be picked. Once the game starts let's cheer them on and make a difference because you can guarantee the Yeovil fans will be very vocal.

Yes, it's an important game but we could still win and go top of the league only to fall to 4th on the last game of the season if results don't go our way.

I don't think it's as important as the game which kept us in the league in the mid-80s.

To read more, see David Goody's excellent book, 50 greatest matches, available from the Trust at a discount.

The next two games are the biggest the club has had in years. I wouldn't like to speculate which is bigger though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 25 2005,14:42)]I don't think it's as important as the game which kept us in the league in the mid-80s.
rock.gif
That game was to avoid re-election and was not to avoid relegation.  Even if we'd lost, the chances of being voted out of the league (as the team finishing fourth from bottom) was very, very remote.  

I wouldn't rank that game as in the top 50 most important.  But, a good link to plug an excellent book  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

That was the day of the Bradford City fire and if memory serves me there were about 1,900 in Roots Hall which was the highest for some time!

Back