• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

KrustyTheKray

President
Outstanding!!! I can't critisise one player. Everyone played so well! It made me so proud to be a Shrimper......

I can't believe we're all off to Cardiff again, it hasn't sunk in yet
smile.gif

Super Cheese Wilson and Nicky Nicolau marshalled the left hand side so well. I'd say they were trully immense!!!
It was a toss up for man of the match between them, but i'd say Nicolau just shaded it, but both were 10/10 IMHO. Amazing!

Who says we need a new left back when we have Super Cheese Wilson!!!!

Freddy was sure getting some bad treatment from their players i thought, that foul from McGleish was just awful!
But didn't Freddy do well with the penalty!!

It was such a good atmosphere yesterday too, and what a top drawer save from Flav's! Your a hero Darryl!!!

We looked so up for it yesterday and it was such a pleasure to watch.

Let's go to Cardiff and hope we see a repeat display. I just hope they do us proud again, and let's beat this Lincoln scum!

UP THE BLUES!

well done on your win yesterdayhope to see you all again next season

Yes, as Young Mr. Grace would have said - "you've all done very well".
smile.gif

If I was being super critical, I would like us to have shown a bit more composure in the last 10 mins. I know we were under pressure, but I'd have preferred to see us play it out rather than hoof it up to Gray, who didn't stand much of a chance on his own. "Like I say" though, that is being super critical.

Not taking anything away from the achievement and the great bursting pride we all rightly feel about getting to Cardiff again, but I have to put this all into a little perspective.

We played OK yesterday and did a job. We also had a bit of luck but then that's the sort of thing that evens itself out over a long hard season, we've had plenty of things go against us the last 10 months. However we weren't magnificent and none of our players were 10 out of 10, we just edged a close fought battle which was decided by the odd goal (a penalty) over 180+ minutes of play.

I give this touch of realism as much to counter all the ultra negative comments that we get when we also play OK but lose and many people moan as if we have turned into a poor pub team overnight.

We are not world beaters, neither have we been extremely poor at all this season. What we are is one game away from a well deserved promotion and a team, lead by a very promising young management team, that is capable of achieving a lot more. For that I, and all other SUFC fans I'm sure, am very happy and grateful.

Agreed, Andy. It certainly wasn't a quality performance yesterday but the team managed to do the job that was required of them and that was to win the game and maintain the chance of promotion. So let's not get carried away here, people.

WS

The game was very similar to the first leg with a lot of pressure in midfield and little time on the ball (the big pitch at Cardiff won't make that possible over 90 mins and should favour us against Lincoln). The difference between the two sides (I felt) were that Wilson dealt with Low fantastically for the second game running and that Maher and Bentley won more of the ball than the opposition in the middle of the park.

Super Cheese Wilson is easily the most improved player this year, and had he been playing at Oxford we may not have even had to play these two games. Still you can't change things in the past so we have to look forward to Cardiff and making it third time lucky.

I'd forgotten about McGleish's foul. That was horrendous and justified allt he stick I've ever given him. Lucky to have stayed on but then so was Bentley for the 180 mins so I can't really suggest he should have been sent off. Decent refereeing generally and I thought he was one of the better refs I've seen.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned the time when we hit the bar. Incredibly surreal. Keeper thinks, "phew, thought I'd have to deal with that for a second" then realises it's closer than he thought and the ball hits plum on the post and bounces out. Madness!

Just wanted to say well done for yesterday, hope you finish the job in the final. At least you are at home again (well almost !)

Back