• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News York City Away - 16th Sept

The York fixture falls on my birthday. The day before is a public holiday in Slovakia. So I'm using the reasons to fly over and do both the York game and the Maidenhead game on the Tuesday. My 5 year old will be going to his first Blues match at York. I just hope it won't be his last... šŸ¤”

UTB!āš½ļø

The York fixture falls on my birthday. The day before is a public holiday in Slovakia. So I'm using the reasons to fly over and do both the York game and the Maidenhead game on the Tuesday. My 5 year old will be going to his first Blues match at York. I just hope it won't be his last... šŸ¤”

UTB!āš½ļø
Be Great to catch up. :)

Air b n b booked for York.

Bit gutted as the original add said parking included but has now been changed to say local paid parking. Parking for 2 days in York will be extortionate.

I looked at the train prices and they were crazy.

Guess I'm going to have to drive to a town or station a mile or 2 out and then go just a couple of stops.

Bit gutted as the original add said parking included but has now been changed to say local paid parking. Parking for 2 days in York will be extortionate.

Guess I'm going to have to drive to a town or station a mile or 2 out and then go just a couple of stops.
The hotel prices that weekend in York are amazingly high. Didn't put me off doing the trip. However it has made me appreciate the more reasonable hotel prices that I've been used to paying the last 20 years whilst living abroad.

RIP OFF BRITAIN!:Angry::Zipped:

There's a Toby Carvery next door to a Travel Lodge a couple of miles easy travel from the ground. You turn off the A64 en route to Monks Cross retail park, & it's about a mile from A64. I'm presuming that Travel Lodge is somewhat cheaper then central York accommodations?.

The hotel prices that weekend in York are amazingly high. Didn't put me off doing the trip. However it has made me appreciate the more reasonable hotel prices that I've been used to paying the last 20 years whilst living abroad.

RIP OFF BRITAIN!:Angry::Zipped:
Do what a couple of us are doing - stay in Leeds and catch the train into York. Hotel prices far cheaper, around a tenner return in the train Leeds to York, so you can still do a few York pubs pre and post match then have a couple in another great Yorkshire City after.

Reactions: DCC
There's a Toby Carvery next door to a Travel Lodge a couple of miles easy travel from the ground. You turn off the A64 en route to Monks Cross retail park, & it's about a mile from A64. I'm presuming that Travel Lodge is somewhat cheaper then central York accommodations?.
There was a Travel inn on the A64 with a fish and chip shop next to it.

Visited York on Monday and St Georgeā€™s Catholic Primary School 10 min walk from City Centre have all day parking for Ā£4. They also allow overnight parking too. You simply pop your reg onto an envelope next to their reception and put some coins in and then youā€™re sorted. Itā€™s only a small car park but well worth looking into.

You can only park when the school is closed but is very convenient.

Do what a couple of us are doing - stay in Leeds and catch the train into York. Hotel prices far cheaper, around a tenner return in the train Leeds to York, so you can still do a few York pubs pre and post match then have a couple in another great Yorkshire City after.
Similar to what I did last year with the Premier Inn in Bradford and several glorious pints of TT's Landlord at the wonderful Fighting C*ck (old school boozer). The PI is very close to the station too.

Managed to find a car park near the air b n b that charges Ā£17 for a 48 hour stay.

The car will be used. Not paying Ā£165 for train. Total p ss take.

Just rang Halifax they said details will be confirmed tomorrow they are still making arrangements(!) - couldnā€™t get any more info from him.
Halifax away still showing as 3pm on the Saturday.
They have known about the clash with the rugby fixtures for ages. Anyone know why we are not being told about new time or even date for this game?

Reactions: JCB
Halifax away still showing as 3pm on the Saturday.
They have known about the clash with the rugby fixtures for ages. Anyone know why we are not being told about new time or even date for this game?

I think it would have to be another day. Even a 12.30 kick off doesnā€™t leave much time to turn round a stadium and set up the pitch for rugby in time for a 6pm start

I know this thread is York City away but re the Halifax game...

I have just phoned Halifax Town - very friendly chap who told me they are finalising arrangements for the 9th and will make an announcement later this afternoon when all is agreed. So watch this space.

I know this thread is York City away but re the Halifax game...

I have just phoned Halifax Town - very friendly chap who told me they are finalising arrangements for the 9th and will make an announcement later this afternoon when all is agreed. So watch this space.
They said the same thing to someone else 2 days ago!!
Anyway thanks for phoning them.

Reactions: DCC
ive just booked parking at Halifax, no mention of anything changing from what we already knew that ko is 12.30pm

Back