• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You deserve to know this

J

The Chameleon
I knew that WBA were going to make a move on Tilly last night. This is due to a very good friend, that is very ITK about these things.. who is a self successed millionaire and avid west brom fan..

Now, before another situation develops.. like the one with my good pal wrongun.. (matt harrold) i don't want to be slagged off..

i have no reason to doubt my friend.. as last night he was saying that wba were definitely going to make a move on tilly..
but he didn't say whether he knew he was going to go..

also;
at around 6 this morning, i was listening to talksport.. where they had a huge phone in and section regarding Tilly..

the general concesus was, that for his' own good.. he should go. He isn't going anywhere with southend (apparently) and that he is the best up and coming manager the country has ever seen..

I hope he doesn't go.. because if he does.. this will be the end of the dream. And he has contributed so much to in the last 3 yaers..

But, because he is one of the nicest blokes ever... if he feels it is right to go, then fine.. i would love him to do so well with someone else.. if he felt it was right..

personally, i would rahter make myself look silly (about this post) and none of this to be true.. but if it happens.. then good luck to him!

Nothing wrong with this post at all... it's what you heard. In Wrongun's case, he who laughs last, laughs etc...

I just hope desperately that your source is discredited and WBA appoint someone else this morning!

TBH J, i heard the same thing just a few days after the WBA seat was vacant but it was through one of the classic "Somebody told somebody etc..." and i thought nothing of it. But over the past few days, this story seems to have grown momentum.

IMO Tilly JUST MAY OF taken this club as far as he could of. Survival is the main aim and so far, with the way we're currently playing, we just aren't going to survive!

Im not calling for Tilly's head, far far far from it, but this could be a good thing for him and in some strange way, it could be good for the club. I hope he stays but best of luck to him if he does go.

Kev

i also have a friend who is a millionaire

but anyway, it seems common knowledge looking at the press that WBA have made some kind of move, however tilly was in skysports saying that he wasn't going anywhere, and therefore i full expect him to be with up for the next couple of seasons... he has unfinished business here with southend. ok he might be able get a massive wage and war chest up at WBA but if he is serious about southend then he will realise he is the guy to see us into the new stadium and who knows where in a few years time!!!

as i said..
i would prefer me to look bloody stupid and tilly to stay.. but to say i am worried, is an understatement..

the source is completely trust worthy.. but he didn't say whether tilly was going.. but he was right about west brom making a move..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Oct. 06 2006,10:29)]i also have a friend who is a millionaire
Same here - tight as anything...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 06 2006,10:30)]as i said..
i would prefer me to look bloody stupid and tilly to stay.. but to say i am worried, is an understatement..

the source is completely trust worthy.. but he didn't say whether tilly was going.. but he was right about west brom making a move..
It does sound concerning to say the least. Do we know a time frame yet for the date by which WBA are looking to appoint a new manager?

his' personal opinion was that Stevie T would be on his' way..

i would be surprised if they rushed in, many clubs who have taken their time to appoint the right person have done well (col u, qpr recently)

I too personally think if Tilly wants to go, then he should try to better himself and like the general, maybe he has taken us as far as he can at this time.

On a personal level for Tilly, if we get relegated this year and struggle the next, that could be his window of opportunity gone and he will not still have the same stock as he currently does.

Could we appoint somebody better? I doubt we could appoint someone with more passion, but somebody with more Championship experience and tactical nous??

Think it is going to be a rollercoaster time coming up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 06 2006,10:28)]IHMO Tilly JUST MAY OF taken this club as far as he could of. Survival is the main aim and so far, with the way we're currently playing, we just aren't going to survive!

Im not calling for Tilly's head, far far far from it, but this could be a good thing for him and in some strange way, it could be good for the club. I hope he stays but best of luck to him if he does go.

Kev
Top post, i agree with this 100%

It sure will be a weird feeling if Tilly does decide to leave us.

He's like part of the furniture at Roots Hall, and a SUFC legend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 06 2006,10:19)]I knew that WBA were going to make a move on Tilly last night. This is due to a very good friend, that is very ITK about these things.. who is a self successed millionaire and avid west brom fan..

Now, before another situation develops.. like the one with my good pal wrongun.. (matt harrold) i don't want to be slagged off..

i have no reason to doubt my friend.. as last night he was saying that wba were definitely going to make a move on tilly..
but he didn't say whether he knew he was going to go..

also;
at around 6 this morning, i was listening to talksport.. where they had a huge phone in and section regarding Tilly..

the general concesus was, that for his' own good.. he should go. He isn't going anywhere with southend (apparently) and that he is the best up and coming manager the country has ever seen..

I hope he doesn't go.. because if he does.. this will be the end of the dream. And he has contributed so much to in the last 3 yaers..

But, because he is one of the nicest blokes ever... if he feels it is right to go, then fine.. i would love him to do so well with someone else.. if he felt it was right..

personally, i would rahter make myself look silly (about this post)  and none of this to be true.. but if it happens.. then good luck to him!
Do you remember when Tilly was released during the Fry/Jobson era he was reluctant to move North despite interest from League clubs and ended up at Canvey, maybe fat Jeff paid him lots.

I try to weigh up the personal facts, I know he's got two sons, is he divorced,etc.

If he's not at matches he always seems to be out playing ping pong or in Reflex according to what you read on here.

I think we also need to consider the role of others, such as could Brush takeover and has he been a key driver of the success? Tilly is great, but is it a case that Freddy has single handedly got us promoted with a bit of help from a much improved Flahaven last season.

He should also think carefully about what he is getting himself into before making a big move.

It's all very well telling lower league players we are going go-karting to build team spirit but if you think you can dictate to the millionaires of Hartson/Phillips in the same way you just might be mistaken.

CSJ, this isyour best post ever, hope it is not a fishing exercise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Oct. 06 2006,10:39)]CSJ, this isyour best post ever, hope it is not a fishing exercise.
thanks.. but this most definitely isn't..

Personally, I cannot believe what I am reading with people speculating that Tilly has taken us as far as he can. Tilly has proven himself to be a good manager time after time with methods that foster team spirit, signings which have provided competition for places throughout the team and an approach that has seen flowing, attacking football.

We've had a couple of bad results with a twice-promoted squad operating in Europe's 5th/6th biggest League with limited resources and all of a sudden he's no longer the right man for the job!

Guys, if you're just trying to prepare yourselves for the worst then I can understand it, but let's not kid ourselves that there is anyone else out there who could do a better job for SUFC than Tilson and Brush.

rock.gif

yeah i agree, CS J... good post!

about brush, my mum and dad spent the day with tilly and brush on sunday, and they were both saying about how paul brush seems to be the tactician of the 2, about how he is really smart and (cos they were at the hosptial) he was asking a lot of questions about some of the things they are starting up. they said that tilly seems a lot more of a man manager (which we all know anyway)

which makes me think that tilly and brush are a definite partnership, and the other would go if one wanted to move on. i would love to see brush as our replacement if/when tilly moves on but i see it being more than likely that brush would move with tilly and we would look to get in a fresh management scheme. stimmo anyone??

It is clear that WBA want to speak to Tilson and if we let them then I would imagine Steve would go to the interview- he has nothing to lose. BUT, I would be very shocked if they gave him the post. He has no premiership experience (for that is where they think they belong), we are currently in the bottom three and the fans will want someone with more of a national reputation. Their chairman will want to satisfy the fans and will go with a safe option- Tilson would repr esnt far too much of a risk.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 06 2006,10:44)]Personally, I cannot believe what I am reading with people speculating that Tilly has taken us as far as he can. Tilly has proven himself to be a good manager time after time with methods that foster team spirit, signings which have provided competition for places throughout the team and an approach that has seen flowing, attacking football.

We've had a couple of bad results with a twice-promoted squad operating in Europe's 5th/6th biggest League with limited resources and all of a sudden he's no longer the right man for the job!

Guys, if you're just trying to prepare yourselves for the worst then I can understand it, but let's not kid ourselves that there is anyone else out there who could do a better job for SUFC than Tilson and Brush.

rock.gif
Agreed SBH well said!!
unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Oct. 06 2006,10:46)]It is clear that WBA want to speak to Tilson and if we let them then I would imagine Steve would go to the interview- he has nothing to lose. BUT, I would be very shocked if they gave him the post. He has no premiership experience (for that is where they think they belong), we are currently in the bottom three and the fans will want someone with more of a national reputation. Their chairman will want to satisfy the fans and will go with a safe option- Tilson would repr esnt far too much of a risk.
I think its Tilly has earnt a very good reputation and now days people perfer English young and up coming managers. I also think tilly is at the start of a very successful career and i think alot of people think the same hence he is the hot topic of disscussion. I am sure WBA would love to have Tilly, But will Tilly love to go to WBA - i doubt it!.

I think there would be uproar from the WBA fans if Tilly went there. Reading their message board after our draw with them, it was full of 'that southend bloke' and 'steve whatever his name is'. Most of them don't even know who he is, they want a much bigger name than Tilson as their new manager!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Oct. 06 2006,11:10)]I think there would be uproar from the WBA fans if Tilly went there. Reading their message board after our draw with them, it was full of 'that southend bloke' and 'steve whatever his name is'. Most of them don't even know who he is, they want a much bigger name than Tilson as their new manager!!
Sven's available

Back