• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Persuaded, no doubt, by another woeful and ineffectual display from Spillane on Tuesday - thankfully truncated early, I have it on the very best authority that we are soon to be boosted by a very popular signing.

Given that since he returned to his parent club in early January, we have not had anyone who could similarly shield the back four and anchor midfield, this has no doubt contributed hugely to our recent league displays and our consistent leaking of goals. Well Luggy has pulled the proverbial rabbit from the hat, and on Monday the original and much missed defensive midfielder will return to the club in a deal which would cover the term of the play-off finals. And of course, will be eligible for Wembley, having played and scored in an earlier round.

With Laird and Tomlin also hopefully returning shortly, does anyone now feel slightly more optimistic for the run in to the end of the season? It's a shame that it can't happen before Rotherham, but it does mean that we should have our strongest side, sadly barring Timms, for the final 10 games or so of the season to hopefully at least cement our play-off place.

Thankfully Reeves stays but as he has done his 28 day loan will not (under league rules) be available for the next three games.

and on Monday the original and much missed defensive midfielder will return to the club in a deal which would cover the term of the play-off finals. And of course, will be eligible for Wembley, having played and scored in an earlier .

Unless the rules have changed this year, and I don't think they have, we can only re-sign him for one final month so I don't see how he'll be eligible for the Play-offs. Or indeed for Wembley seeing as thats five weeks away.

We had this exact situation last season when we tried to sign Luke Daniels again until we realised that we could only do it for another four weeks so signed Belford instead.

Last edited:
You asked if this would stop us resigning Reeves .No I don't think it will because if he does come back he would probable replace the young lad that's gone back to Sheffield with a long term injury .

I cant see why it would affect Reeves signing as they play in two different positions.

Ill leave it to Beefy to decipher the loan rules, I thought we could extend past Wembley from what they were all saying but no one, including players, seems to really understand them!

If it were a choice Id take Tam anyway, Reeves looks a prospect but we havent been the same since Tam left.

I cant see why it would affect Reeves signing as they play in two different positions.

Ill leave it to Beefy to decipher the loan rules, I thought we could extend past Wembley from what they were all saying but no one, including players, seems to really understand them!

If it were a choice Id take Tam anyway, Reeves looks a prospect but we havent been the same since Tam left.

I think emergency loans are a max of 93 days in total. How many days have we already had Tam for?

I think emergency loans are a max of 93 days in total. How many days have we already had Tam for?

November 2-January 1, which I believe is 60.

Leaves 33 more days of Tam. Therefore I believe Monday onwards would cover JPT final.

Yeah I'm sure Spillane was the only one to have a poor performance :nope:.

I don't see how us signing Mkandawire will affect the Reeves loan as they are completely different types of players. I expect, we will be waiting a few days to sign Reeves so that he will still be with us for the play-offs if we make them.

As for Mkandawire, if we are potentially signing him, to be signed next friday which I believe would allow him to play in the JPT final as we can have him for another 32 days (max of 93 days and already had him for 31 I think).

Although, he did get injured when he left here and that would be why he hasn't played much for Millwall, and there was an article that said he was in their first team plans.

Yeah I'm sure Spillane was the only one to have a poor performance :nope:.

I don't see how us signing Mkandawire will affect the Reeves loan as they are completely different types of players. I expect, we will be waiting a few days to sign Reeves so that he will still be with us for the play-offs if we make them.

As for Mkandawire, if we are potentially signing him, to be signed next friday which I believe would allow him to play in the JPT final as we can have him for another 32 days (max of 93 days and already had him for 31 I think).

Although, he did get injured when he left here and that would be why he hasn't played much for Millwall, and there was an article that said he was in their first team plans.

Seems to be a couple of new posters suddenly post the same thing though, and Millwall just signed a midfielder, so may be some truth in it.

It does make sense to all parties. Millwall wanted Tam to get some game time before breaking back into the team, hence he came to us but then he picked up another bad injury which put him back to square one. It makes sense that he gets games somewhere now.

It does make sense to all parties. Millwall wanted Tam to get some game time before breaking back into the team, hence he came to us but then he picked up another bad injury which put him back to square one. It makes sense that he gets games somewhere now.
He hasn't had another bad injury, in fact he's been playing in their development team - he's just not 'match fit'. He also doesn't feature in their plans, his contract won't be renewed, and he already has a contract lined up with another southern based team for next season who have Championship aspirations.

This is just about him getting some game time this season - and he's happy to continue back with us.

He hasn't had another bad injury, in fact he's been playing in their development team - he's just not 'match fit'. He also doesn't feature in their plans, his contract won't be renewed, and he already has a contract lined up with another southern based team for next season who have Championship aspirations.

This is just about him getting some game time this season - and he's happy to continue back with us.

Brentford?

Back