• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
In my role as SUFC researcher for the Football Manager games, it's my job to keep the playing history of SUFC players up-to-date. I have found out in my four years of doing this job that Southend United are awful at keeping fans informed of the loan spells of youth or young players. A lot of our players go out and spend time at non-league Essex clubs on loan or on work experience and it's my job to get the stats of these loans into their playing histories in the game. I am a stickler for realism and accuracy and it really annoys me to find out a year and a half later that an SUFC youngster has spent a few months out on loan because the club did not inform us at the time, and I know that a lot of SUFC young players are missing stats from loan spells in the game because I haven't been able to put them in because I don't know what they are! All we might see is a small news story detailing that a couple of youngsters have been sent out on loan and that's the last we'll hear of it. We won't have a news story summing up their time on loan when they come back to the club, and the club is awful at keeping their playing histories up-to-date on the club website.

I want to get these things into Football Manager - is there anyone on here who is very much 'in the know' with all things on the youth/youngsters side of the club and might be able to get me up-to-date, or does anyone know where I might be able to track down information and loan stats? Websites of said non-league sides aren't great at keeping things up-to-date either - Concord Rangers don't have Kyle Asante's stats up in their First Team Stats section from the month he spent there on loan earlier in the season.

You probably should have a word with Rob Craven as he keeps a pretty close eye on the yoofs. He's on the Trust committee so you could get in touch with him thru them.

Newsnow is a website that keeps a track of Southend united in multiple local and national news publications, so for example of a player is at Dronfield town if the local paper reports it as a loan from Southend it'll be mentioned

Back