• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Earliest Memory

The title says it all.

Mine is being pushed off a climbing frame and going to hospital. I was wearing the same socks as the doctor. Tazmanian devil.

You don't say how old you were Dan? I'm not sure, I don't know which are memories and which are things that were told to me so often that they've become memories, if you see what I mean. I DO remember pushing my dad through the glass front door of our house, when we lived in Wenham Drive and we moved from there when I was 4 and a half, and I may remember walking round the streets around that area with my nan and making her stop at all the gardens with gnomes in - but that could be a story memory.

I can remember asking my mum what would happen if I put my fingers in the electric socket. can't remember why, nor why it stuck in my mind. I was 2 at the time, back in '75

I can remember asking my mum what would happen if I put my fingers in the electric socket. can't remember why, nor why it stuck in my mind. I was 2 at the time, back in '75

and you made it to 3? Blimey :p

Now mine is weird as I don't know if its a "true" memory or something that I dreamt in later years. Basically there's a park at the top of the road where my mum still lives that you have to go through to get to the shops.

Now I "remember" being in a buggy and seeing the entrance to the park, falling asleep and then waking up as my mum was approaching Tesco's and me thinking, in my baby mind, "That didn't take long...."

If that's a load of bull, then it's my first day at school where I met Andrew ? and Chris Sturt who became mates throughout infants/junior school but I fell out with at 11 and I've never seen since..... We made little paper seagulls and coloured them in with crayons.

Last edited:
You don't say how old you were Dan? I'm not sure, I don't know which are memories and which are things that were told to me so often that they've become memories, if you see what I mean. I DO remember pushing my dad through the glass front door of our house, when we lived in Wenham Drive and we moved from there when I was 4 and a half, and I may remember walking round the streets around that area with my nan and making her stop at all the gardens with gnomes in - but that could be a story memory.

I was 3 at the time. 10 years ago. O:

If you think that's stupid, you ain't seen nothing yet.

My first memory is falling off a chair when I was three. I went crying to my mum, as you do. She asked me what I'd done. So I repeated the act. Oddly enough, I don't remember a thing until I was six, I went to a friend's birthday party and ended up blowing his candles out for him.

My brother's first memory is (apparently) of his three year old self kicking the cat down the stairs with a "**** off you stupid cat!" (coz the filter's in action, I'll just say that the word rhymes with diss and has a p in it).

Aged about 2 or 3, sitting in the "front seat" (on the basis that it didn't have a back seat!) of my nursery school teacher, Mrs. McMeechan's, MG Midget. Navy blue exterior, black leather seats. I feel all excited about it now, just thinking about it!

:)

There are 2 instances of my early childhood that stick out (but as OBL pointed out i'm not so sure that i remembered them myself or they were brain washed into me)

One was standing on the window ledge in my parents bedroom watching a combine harvester go about its work in the field at the bottom of the garden, and falling off .. i would've been 3ish i guess and the other was after a family holiday in 1974 (i would just turned 4) waking up after a short nap and asking "when are we getting on the plane" ... i'd fallen asleep in the departure lounge hours earlier and come out with this gem when we were 5 minutes from home

I was about 3 and a half. Sitting in the front seat of my parents car (it made me feel very grown up). We were going to my grandmother's house in St Andrews and I started crying as I didn't want to ask my father to stop the car as I needed a wee.

He stopped anyway, asked what the matter was and by that time it was too late, I had wee'd myself and the seat was soaking wet - oops

I didn't get to sit in the front seat of the car again :unsure:

My first memory is being 3 (going on 4), we were moving house from Chelmsford to Rayleigh and while everyone else was busy moving things my Grandad was in the removal truck "supervising", so I was left with him so i didn't get in the way. And i remember while everyone else was working hard, me & my grandad sat in the back of the removal van eating cheese & pickle sandwiches. This would have been 1982.

RIP Grandad O

Back