• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ramsdenblue

First XI⭐
Can you remeber when Barry fry first returned to Roots Hall with Birmingham City, back in the early 90's.

Where are your memories of that day.

I was in the east blue seats. I rember 5 miniutes from kick off and seeing the que for the North Bank going all the way round the car park and to the top of the hill, how packed the north bank was, and the electric atmosphere in there that day.

Beating them 3-1, was also good.

Where were you that day, and what was the best part of the day for you.

Yay. A feel good day. Electric was an understatement. I've think we've had better atmsopheres since but we should leave those for new threads and revel in the memory of this one for a couple of days. I do think it's worth explaining to some of the youngsters the full background. Funnily enough I'm in the minority of people that still retains a soft spot for him.

My main memory is that I missed it! I had planned to go away for new year. I was in Wales.

Great day. The players seemed so up for it, you could tell after 5 minutes we were going to win. At least Fry admitted years later that he made a mistake and wished he'd stayed.

Yay. A feel good day. Electric was an understatement. I've think we've had better atmsopheres since but we should leave those for new threads and revel in the memory of this one for a couple of days. I do think it's worth explaining to some of the youngsters the full background. Funnily enough I'm in the minority of people that still retains a soft spot for him.

I used to have a lot of time for you ORM ;-), that fat judas **** is a parasite and a oxygen thief!!!

Your spot on electric is an understatement

I remeber the north bank singing "Barry give us wave, Barry Barry give us a wave"

He must of thought that we has suddenly forgiven him, and the mug waved back.

I have never heard the north bank suddenly explode, in foul mouth language, all like a dawn chorus of the north bank, i think even the youngest kids in there were spitting nails at Barry.

and i rember the large bed sheet that some had in the north west corner when it was open terracing, saying in big letters JUDAS BARRY.

oh they were good days.

Sadly we didnt go to that one.

Dad did take me to the away leg and we got dicked on and bullied by West Mids police. Not a happy day. Always hated Brum.

Now the average Southend fan, although passionate, is not a spiteful person however on that day... One word to describe the atmosphere in my opinion?

H A T E

Never seen that sort of atmosphere since - had some great games at the Hall, but none with so much bile and swearing directed at one person...

Loved it... ;)

Was in with the away fans behind the South bank goal ( about six steps then before the frank Walton Stand was built)

It's great in with away fans when they lose, in fact at away games I often go in with the home fans for a laugh, have done it at several grounds, and even managed to get in at layer road once when Kevin Maher scored. We played friday night the week before, They played on Saturday a cup game I think against Derby. I queue'd in their ticket office and gave a Colchester address and postcode, and got in with the home fans, as we only had a small allocation.

I remeber the north bank singing "Barry give us wave, Barry Barry give us a wave"

He must of thought that we has suddenly forgiven him, and the mug waved back.

I have never heard the north bank suddenly explode, in foul mouth language, all like a dawn chorus of the north bank, i think even the youngest kids in there were spitting nails at Barry.

and i rember the large bed sheet that some had in the north west corner when it was open terracing, saying in big letters JUDAS BARRY.

oh they were good days.

The one memory I had was on the next home game I noticed someone had sprayed in big white letters, JUDAS FRY, on a wall, I can't remember exactly, but it was somewhere on the outside of a wall on the old southbank.

Does anyone else remember seeing this, or better still own up! :winking:

I remember David Howell running the yellow shirted Brummie scum up to the North Bank as part of the warm-ups. It almost seemed like a challenge, which we gladly took up. 3-1 flattered the **** out of them - their keeper (Bennett?) saved them from an absolute annihilation.

I got a long sheet of heavy paper from a pallet, painted it up in my garage, had a few beers in Porters, wrapped it round me to smuggle it in, unfurled it in the North West terrace............" stick your contract up your Brum.......JUDAS"

The pic got into the Sun newspaper

there are two games that I can recall that had such a hateful atmosphere, the first was millwall in the cup when they booed a minutes silence and that set the tone, stan scored the winner, the other was the return of judas fry, WOW, the moment when they came down to the north bank during the warm up was a moment to remember, I always went slap in the center and the surge that went towards them and the abuse that followed was biblical. As for the game, well a three one victory and the fact we could have had many more made it truly memorable.

Apart from the electric atmosphere, I remember the 'lovely' song that was sung specifically for Karen Brady - oohh, cover your ears!!

Back