• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your most hated phrase, saying or expression

AT THE END OF THE DAY.

Now that really winds me up. Why does everything have to happen relative to midnight?

For me it's "when push comes to shove" & "gobsmacked"

Once "gobsmacked" was used only by dimwits when interviewed on the telly. Now I notice that a number of the more serious commentators are using it also.

And no I don't mean John Motson!

"
"Blue Sky Thinking" - WTF?

ridiculous as it may sound but i think it is the term used to replace "Brainstorming" because, wait for it........ brainstorm was offensive to people with mental illnesses. I know Mrs FS, who works in social services, is not supposed to use "Brainstorming" when discribing that particular ideas gathering excercise.

Whilst on management speak what the f*** is pushing the envelope ? Other than a direct instruction to the post Room.

The management phrases of "No Bonus" and "no salary reviews this year " are also particularly irksome

''Beggars can't be choosers'' - erm, yes they can.

''To be honest with you...'' - good, didn't really want you to lie in the first place.

''I'll tell you something for nothing'' - so what, you were going to charge me?

'I'm due my period at the weekend' - normally puts a downer on my weekend

second to "You know it's my period when we're on holiday?"

firstly... no i didn't keep a record of your menstral cycle

secondly.... arggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

"The workers have nothing to lose but their chains". A mate of mine Karl used to use this all the time back in the nineteenth century and it really got my goat. What is it- some early form of trendy management speak?

'We're pregnant'..
no your not she is!!! .. ..Well unless its two pregnant women standing next to each other saying it, but I digress.................

Spoke to a couple of Australian's the other day and, of all the annoying phrases they came up with, the one that made me cringe most was their use of the word "rellies" instead of relatives.

It was akin to somebody scrapping the fingernails on a blackboard.

Dont think anyone has mentioned this one, I wonder why? " To be fair"

Somebody asked me for a "Chud" the other day... Apparently it means Chewing Gum.

I laughed at them.

My Son has a delicate phrase of calling his mates Knob-Jockeys.

*How Quaint*

In terms of southend i am often asked..."So where is eastwood off to?"

3 people in the same week said the exact same thing to me. 'Wont be hard for Eastwood to leave though, as all he has to do is move his caravan.' FFS

Cheers for this thread boys and girls. Work is ****ing me right off so when I go back in this afternoon I'm going to use every single one of them to **** my ******* boss right off.

Back