• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth players to make first team appearances

2 I remember - Steve brown ( scored the 3rd v notts county when collymore made his debut). Francisco cagigao - amazing reserve striker. Just didn't cut it at first team level

2 I remember - Steve brown ( scored the 3rd v notts county when collymore made his debut). Francisco cagigao - amazing reserve striker. Just didn't cut it at first team level
Francisco Cagigao or to give him his full name “ex-Barcelona striker Francisco Cagigao” wasn’t actually from our youth team. Think he was at Arsenal as a kid before his move to Barcelona.

He later carved out a top career as a scout. Was head of recruitment of Arsenal. Now apparently at Galatassary.

He was my brothers mate at school.

I think he went on to have an OK career. Wimbledon put a bid in for him when he was at Colchester but the club turned it down.

Francisco Cagigao or to give him his full name “ex-Barcelona striker Francisco Cagigao” wasn’t actually from our youth team. Think he was at Arsenal as a kid before his move to Barcelona.

He later carved out a top career as a scout. Was head of recruitment of Arsenal. Now apparently at Galatassary.
Ahhhhhh! Sorry always thought he progressed

Peter Hunt doesn’t seem to have been mentioned yet.
Peter Hunt was just 16 years and 314 days when he made his first team debut for the club at Scunthorpe United on the 12th.May 1969 the match was played at the third time of asking after being postponed twice. This was the famous game when Southend tried to get the match played at Highbury the home of Arsenal. Their Directors turned our request down in the hope that Scunny supporters would support the match but sadly this did not materialise as the attendance was just 1,950, mainly due to Scunthorpe United playing five consecutive home matches in just 28 days. Scunthorpe won the match 4-1 which was our final match of the magical 1968-69 season.

Good Lord ..... I remember him!

Was John Walker a youth product. Scored the only goal at Wealdstone, overhead kick.
@ColinMorrisWalksOnWater Yes.

John Walker was born in Rochford (10.12.58). He was, what was called in those days, an apprentice and signed for us in December 1976. He made 44 first team appearances (League and Cup) for us, scoring just 1 goal.

As you rightly said that one goal was on 24th November 1979 away at Wealdstone in the 1st Round of The FA Cup. Securing us a 1-0 victory. We were knocked out in the following round by Harlow in a replay at theirs.

John Walker left us and football in June 1983 and joined the Police Force.

Last edited:
Back