• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

Confirmed that they were paid today. Tom L said they should have been paid Friday but we’re waiting for some money to drop which didn’t come in until today. No guarantees though that Nov salaries will be paid in full and on time

No one seems to be criticising the CEO, afterall, he's in charge of the funds. I know the zone is full of Ron haters, but it's just a thought.

Yes it is.......A really stupid one.

If you and kat_r ever manage to come to a game ill introduce you to Tom. A real decent guy who's happy to engage with those of us who actually support the team.

Yes it is.......A really stupid one.

If you and kat_r ever manage to come to a game ill introduce you to Tom. A real decent guy who's happy to engage with those of us who actually support the team.
Probably the same person - can;t be more than one can there?

No one seems to be criticising the CEO, afterall, he's in charge of the funds. I know the zone is full of Ron haters, but it's just a thought.

TL is given a budget, TL works to the budget, he can’t help it if RM & group companies don’t provide the funds for said budget.

I genuinely don’t think people understand how bad things where when TL came in, how much he has done, and how bad things where in the summer either.

TL has gone and continues to go above and beyond his job role to keep this Club going. If TL walked tomorrow, we’d be in more trouble than if we lost Lopata in January, or the three amigos to Luton for arguments sake.

If TL walked in the summer, we’d be more concerned with NLS than EFL, and even more concerned for the future of our Club.

Last edited:
TL is given a budget, TL works to the budget, he can’t help it if RM & group companies don’t provide the funds for said budget.

I genuinely don’t think people understand how bad things where when TL came in, how much he has done, and how bad things where in the summer either.

TL has gone and continues to go above and beyond his job role to keep this Club going. If TL walked tomorrow, we’d be in more trouble than if we lost Lopata in January, or the three amigos to Luton for arguments sake.

If TL walked in the summer, we’d be more concerned with NLS than EFL, and even more concerned for the future of our Club.

A fair response, better than the last two.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, hense my open question.

A fair response, better than the last two.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, hense my open question.
Agree it was a good response - and better than mine. But BW has said little more than what he has previously said on the topic of TL or what other posters have said. So if you're happy with that response, then the question was probably unnecessary as you already knew the info from other threads

Im sure there are many people on here who dont realise just how lucky we are as supporters to have people like TL SVC ,JS, KM, DC ,and the many others behind the scenes looking after this club each and everyone im sure go above and beyond their call of duty , We should all be thankful ,without them im sure there would be no SUFC now.

If I sent you to Tesco to do a weekly shop with a debit card and told you there was £100 on it, it wouldn’t be your fault when the card gets declined at the till when you’re trying to pay for £95’s worth of shopping.

Tom would’ve been given a budget and I’ve got no doubt he’s worked to that budget. I don’t know the ins and outs but I’m almost certain the situation would be ten times worse without Tom.

Im sure there are many people on here who dont realise just how lucky we are as supporters to have people like TL SVC ,JS, KM, DC ,and the many others behind the scenes looking after this club each and everyone im sure go above and beyond their call of duty , We should all be thankful ,without them im sure there would be no SUFC now.
I suspect there might.
But we would be playing in National South, with part-timers, and with probably only three stands open for any game - if we were lucky!

No need to be rude, I was just putting that question out there. I don't rubbish all the things you say. As for Rigsby, I expect it.

You made an accusation rather than ask a question. Had you asked i'm sure plenty on here, including myself. Would have spoke highly of Tom and pointed out he has both hands tied behind his back. So really unfair to take a cheap swing at him. I'm not aiming that just at you because there has been several digs over various threads.

Some on here expected a CEO to be batting for them. Im sure you know from your time in uniform a good sergeant treads a fine line when the lads don't like the captain.

You cant land every complaint on his desk and you cant be seen not carry out any of his orders. In some ways to keep the whole show going you need to be two faced....In the most honourable way.

Back