• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zak Brunt

Thanks to our glorious leader and the continued financial mismanagement we're unlikely to be able to retain him even if Zak and Sheffield wanted him to stay.

We also have some ridiculous posters. ( I defer from calling them supporters). You know the ones that turn every thread into a needless snipe at our senior players. These two both gave everything and played well on Sunday.
I don’t think anyone would accuse them of not trying....but that isn’t the problem.

If Zak isn't extended and this embargo is not lifted we are in very worrying times. Especially with Maidenhead picking up 3 points against Bromley when we couldn't and should have. Got to say .... its hard to remain hopeful at the moment..... things really need to change fast.

If Zak isn't extended and this embargo is not lifted we are in very worrying times. Especially with Maidenhead picking up 3 points against Bromley when we couldn't and should have. Got to say .... its hard to remain hopeful at the moment..... things really need to change fast.
Just got to hope that Weymouth, Kings Lynn and Dover don’t pick up points when we don’t.

Saw an article in a Sheffield paper confirming that Zak and Casper could not play for another club this season (FIFA RULES) if they are called back, due to the umbongo. So if we can get it lifted, hopefully we can get them confirmed for the rest of the season, with guaranteed game time. Hopefully Ron will pull his finger out to confirm funding to TL so he can make the necessary terms with the NL finance committee and get this damn scenario done and give the management team the chance to start turning this club around on the pitch.

Saw an article in a Sheffield paper confirming that Zak and Casper could not play for another club this season (FIFA RULES) if they are called back, due to the umbongo. So if we can get it lifted, hopefully we can get them confirmed for the rest of the season, with guaranteed game time. Hopefully Ron will pull his finger out to confirm funding to TL so he can make the necessary terms with the NL finance committee and get this damn scenario done and give the management team the chance to start turning this club around on the pitch.
It's a no brainer. Pay the 200k to HMRC then get a couple more players in to ensure we don't go down, using Stan and John Stills contacts. Otherwise, financially we would be worse next season and that bill only increases..... you don't need a maths degree to work this out Ron!

It's a no brainer. Pay the 200k to HMRC then get a couple more players in to ensure we don't go down, using Stan and John Stills contacts. Otherwise, financially we would be worse next season and that bill only increases..... you don't need a maths degree to work this out Ron!
My only worry is that the mop haired idiot couldn't work that out last season. I hope TL has spelt this out to him in words of one syllable.

I suspect he knows that.

Not according to NL laws. Re signing the loan players counts as a new signing, so they cannot be registered to play. Since they can't play for another side this season, having played for Sheff. Utd and us this season, it would sentence them to U23 football at Sheff. Utd for the rest of the season and us to probable relegation imo.

Stan or Tom could lend Ron the 200k couldnt they! love the club and all that.....i wouldnt lend him a fiver but they are all on the same song sheet arnt they? no doubt Ron would pay them back over a 25 year period...what if all us fans buy a % share in the club -couple thousand of us stick £100 squid each in the pot...bingo 200k quick and avail ?

guys whats £100 squid...i would do it tomorrow as would many many fans would...someone ping that idea over! worth a shot?

You need to read this article....
Oh right. So even if Sheff Utd wanted to loan them out elsewhere, nobody would want them anyway (because they can't play). I suppose, that's good news that they'll want to stayt here until the end of the season, once this debacle has been sorted !

Stan or Tom could lend Ron the 200k couldnt they! love the club and all that.....i wouldnt lend him a fiver but they are all on the same song sheet arnt they? no doubt Ron would pay them back over a 25 year period...what if all us fans buy a % share in the club -couple thousand of us stick £100 squid each in the pot...bingo 200k quick and avail ?
What percentage of Southend would you expect for 200k …

If you owed a % would you continue to cover the losses up to that %?

Back