• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zoom tonight? Stan Collymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom...

The problem I have found recently is I cannot determine where rock bottom is? If it is NL and we start to see an upturn in results etc then great. But my concern is, do we fall even further? I really hope not.

Well done. You can't have a free for all, it just wouldn't work. Just one thing, maybe Stan should take this to the National press, that would get people talking and put pressure on RM.

I think at this stage you want to talk to Ron on the level, as per one of Stan's email, work out i can assist, what his exit plan is etc - if you back him into a corner why should he engage

The problem I have found recently is I cannot determine where rock bottom is? If it is NL and we start to see an upturn in results etc then great. But my concern is, do we fall even further? I really hope not.
I guess looking at the 100 year history then in comparison to all the years this has to be defined as rock bottom

I was just answering in response to you asking why wasn't something done sooner. But that is always a concern. Its been a few years of struggling and new managers, new players, new backroom staff still haven't shook us from the spiral.

I was just answering in response to you asking why wasn't something done sooner. But that is always a concern. Its been a few years of struggling and new managers, new players, new backroom staff still haven't shook us from the spiral.

Yeah, it's been a constant repeat with nothing changing to break us from it. We can but hope that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Fingers crossed!

Am I the only cynic thinking “why didn’t this happen sooner” we ( or most of us have known we aren’t good enough for this league since this stupid season started.

someone might think that now we are relegated ( bar a miracle ) that someone was trying throughthe medium of an ex - footballer to buy the club on the cheap ?

surely the club ( ground aside) is not worth what it was a couple of months ago , now it’s non league?

Hi pal

I've offered support over 20 years, unconditionally, so hope that answers the question, and have been on this forum for 17 years.

I have zero interest in buying a club as a sole owner, nor does anyone I've spoken to about Southend United. Indeed they, like me believe that the sole ownership model is fatally floored ( some of the 12 SL clubs have sole owners, couldn't be arsed to tell their own CEO's in some cases nevermind managers, players or fans), so my involvement as I said is "can we all talk", but for me I wouldn't be interested in pointing any one owner towards Southend United as I believe issues are only ever stored up for a year or a decade or two decades down the line.

I would love to see your club have a model that by constitution guarantees your Grandchildren can watch your club in 50 years time, safe in the knowledge that the constitution protects them.

I I hope that answers your question you suspicious sod! ?

Hi pal

I've offered support over 20 years, unconditionally, so hope that answers the question, and have been on this forum for 17 years.

I have zero interest in buying a club as a sole owner, nor does anyone I've spoken to about Southend United. Indeed they, like me believe that the sole ownership model is fatally floored ( some of the 12 SL clubs have sole owners, couldn't be arsed to tell their own CEO's in some cases nevermind managers, players or fans), so my involvement as I said is "can we all talk", but for me I wouldn't be interested in pointing any one owner towards Southend United as I believe issues are only ever stored up for a year or a decade or two decades down the line.

I would love to see your club have a model that by constitution guarantees your Grandchildren can watch your club in 50 years time, safe in the knowledge that the constitution protects them.

I agreed with what you said ?? All I want is to have an feel good factor once again!

I hope the zoom call proves positive and looking forward to listening in.

Hi pal

Hi Stan,
Can't believe I am in dialogue with a legend, and one that I really enjoyed watching, albeit for a short time with us.

Sorry for the suspicion, but as I said why now?
The reason for my cynicism was the highlighted part below;

Secondly, the contacts I have in business and football get me immediately in front of the top 1% of people in global football. Just because you don't see me or hear me on the circuit of nodding pundits, again please don't think that I am not active. I see, speak and am regularly contacted by the biggest, and I mean biggest administrators, ex players and football business investors around.

Maybe I read too much into it, but I for one would love you , and or any of your contacts to have a conversation with the current owner, And maybe, give us something to cheer about again in the future.

Thanks for giving us hope.

National League is definitely not rock bottom and anyone who thinks we're going to be ok next season just because we're Southend United is delusional.

This is pure fantastic. Feels like a movement. Football clubs being run into the floor in search of success. But success is / should be measured in more than “high position.”

EQUITY FOR FANS . ORG

Bought the domain name ages ago. A model that could be copied by other clubs is what I always think about.

Amazing stuff would love to be involved in throwing ideas. Missed this post until now.

UTB. It’s a family!!!!!!

The fact Stan was with us for only half a season and wants to help us like this speaks volumes. I love the whole vibe, he hasn’t forgot where he came from in respect of us taking a gamble on him at Crystal Palace the best to smash it in the short time he was here to go on to bigger and better things. I like this. Let’s hope it actually goes somewhere and isn’t just some publicity hype.

The fact Stan was with us for only half a season and wants to help us like this speaks volumes. I love the whole vibe, he hasn’t forgot where he came from in respect of us taking a gamble on him at Crystal Palace the best to smash it in the short time he was here to go on to bigger and better things. I like this. Let’s hope it actually goes somewhere and isn’t just some publicity hype.
I doubt Stan needs Southend United for publicity, nor would he waste his time messaging on.our forum, chasing after Ron or having what seems to be a lengthy Zoom call with fan representatives.

I doubt Stan needs Southend United for publicity, nor would he waste his time messaging on.our forum, chasing after Ron or having what seems to be a lengthy Zoom call with fan representatives.
I agree let’s hope it’s productive then. IM sure this will get some good publicity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back