• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Really concerned about what sort of side we will field.

No Laird no Tomlin no Timlin no spillain

What sort of side are we going to be able to field in such a big match.

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Barker
Leonard Woodyard Reeves Hurst
Assombalonga Lavery

Back four will be at it's strongest and we have a very in form goalkeeper.
The midfield will undoubtedly be weak with three players missing and Timlin's booking today was very disappointing but not a surprise. Not sure how physically strong Orient are in the middle but Woodyard would be a good option along with Hurst and Leonard out wide who's long throw's even seem a bit longer now. Reeves impressed me a bit with his cameo today and we also have Prosser and our Barbados International Straker. Personally I would not want to see Spicer or Phillips moved into that role like at Brentford. Up front we still have lots of option's and was glad to see Brit come through apparently unscathed today although of course missing Tomlin is a big blow. But we should have a large and vocal away following so # BELIEVE

According to the club it is only his ninth booking of the season so he won't be missing the Orient match so the midfield could be:

Leonard Reeves Timlin Hurst

Just checked website and timlin has had 9 yellows and 1 red, so I'm assuming he is clear to play Tuesday.

Not sure if Woodyard will play, reckon he might go for Leonard in the middle with Hurst and Reeves/Straker out wide. By all accounts Orient have two very good wide players so he may go defensive to stifle that, though personally would give them something to think about by chucking Reeves in and hopefully Britt will be a sharper than he was today.

Maybe this is one for the referees on here, but before the game Timlin had received 9 yellow cards with one of them leading to a second yellow. Does that mean that yellow card doesn't count towards the accumulation of yellow cards?

I think he should be able to play as since his last suspension, he has only had 4 yellows (including today's).

Timlin's not suspended according to CP on Twitter, he was mistaken and checked with the club who said it was his 9th booking. I'd go with him and Woodyard in the middle with Hurst and Leonard out wide. Tempted to go for Reeves instead of Leonard but I think Leonard is the more sensible option for the first away leg, plus it's a reward for his goal today.

I think PS will go with Prosser as holding midfielder, with Straker on left. We will need to be prepared to do a lot of defending in this game. So midfield will be Hurst (in front of Sean), Timlin, Prosser and Straker (in front of Barker).

Timlin's not suspended according to CP on Twitter, he was mistaken and checked with the club who said it was his 9th booking. I'd go with him and Woodyard in the middle with Hurst and Leonard out wide. Tempted to go for Reeves instead of Leonard but I think Leonard is the more sensible option for the first away leg, plus it's a reward for his goal today.

Football League stats show Timlin has had 10 yellows and 1 red.
Hope the club are sure about the stats or we could be in trouble if we play him on Tuesday.

I think PS will go with Prosser as holding midfielder, with Straker on left. We will need to be prepared to do a lot of defending in this game. So midfield will be Hurst (in front of Sean), Timlin, Prosser and Straker (in front of Barker).

(*shudders*) :unsure:

We have to remember that this game requires different tactics, being 2 leg cup game. Give Prosser a specific job to do and he mostly will do it well. We need to frustrate the O's and also their supporters.

I know Spicer has taken a lot of flak on here but is he really as bad as what people make out. In a match like this, I would personally be more tempted to throw him in ahead of Woodyard (has he started in a win yet, not many) or a square peg in a round hole (Phillips holding midfield v Brentford).

Bottom line, John Spicer can't be that bad a player - 200 league appearances backs that up.

I know Spicer has taken a lot of flak on here but is he really as bad as what people make out. In a match like this, I would personally be more tempted to throw him in ahead of Woodyard (has he started in a win yet, not many) or a square peg in a round hole (Phillips holding midfield v Brentford).

Bottom line, John Spicer can't be that bad a player - 200 league appearances backs that up.

Woodyard has looked 10 times the player Spicer is whenever I've seen him.

I think we'll see a midfield of,
Hurst, Timlin, Woodyard, Reeves

Reeves has said that he prefers to play CM than on the wing and that it is his better position so it should be:

Leonard Reeves Timlin Hurst

Back