• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley v Manchester United or Swansea

They'll definitely show this one. You don't often see five teams on the same pitch. Our tie only involves two teams and that won't generate enough interest for the telly. Shame.

LOL. Joking aside IIRC the TV companies will have to decide what matches are to be televised before the replays are played. Therefore they can only choose from the games that are guaranteed to happen, i.e. these ones:

Bolton v Cardiff
Southampton v Yeovil
Southend v Hull
Arsenal v Coventry
Stevenage v Everton
Chelsea v Stoke

LOL. Joking aside IIRC the TV companies will have to decide what matches are to be televised before the replays are played. Therefore they can only choose from the games that are guaranteed to happen, i.e. these ones:

Bolton v Cardiff
Southampton v Yeovil
Southend v Hull
Arsenal v Coventry
Stevenage v Everton
Chelsea v Stoke

We must have a reasonable chance there. The Stevenage one jumps out though.

HULL FAN IN PEACE!
Our perspective on this... firstly, if our allocation is 2000 we probably won't sell all tickets. id expect around 1400-1700 to make the trip. I'd be amazed if this was not telivised given the Browny history etc. I noticed on last nights FA cup highlights program they picked out a few games to say a few words about and our fixture was 1 of the 4 fixtures briefly discussed which is possibly a clue. For overseas fans there will 100% be a stream available. We will not be putting out our first 11. It will be a similar team to yesterday. We have important games before and after this fixture which will be priority, which means theres a good chance of a replay (which I would expect your chairman to be rooting for) We would be the first to admit we're not the most glamorous of clubs despite our current league standing, but should be a great FA cup atosphere and a good game. Looking forward to revisiting Roots Hall!
See you soon guys!

If we had drawn Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea we could have easily been going to Swansea, Oldham or Derby instead. Man City still need to have a replay with Blackburn.

It is a good draw, 31 other teams in the draw and with only 5/6 better and 4 of them weren't a certainty.

Im sure Coventry are very envious :smile:

HULL FAN IN PEACE!
Our perspective on this... firstly, if our allocation is 2000 we probably won't sell all tickets. id expect around 1400-1700 to make the trip. I'd be amazed if this was not telivised given the Browny history etc. I noticed on last nights FA cup highlights program they picked out a few games to say a few words about and our fixture was 1 of the 4 fixtures briefly discussed which is possibly a clue. For overseas fans there will 100% be a stream available. We will not be putting out our first 11. It will be a similar team to yesterday. We have important games before and after this fixture which will be priority, which means theres a good chance of a replay (which I would expect your chairman to be rooting for) We would be the first to admit we're not the most glamorous of clubs despite our current league standing, but should be a great FA cup atosphere and a good game. Looking forward to revisiting Roots Hall!
See you soon guys!

Welcome to the board and thanks for your feedback.

Funny comment to make, why put out a weakened side and risk having to play another game ? Man Utd made the same mistake and they at least played Ronaldo and Rooney :smile:

Will there be a stream for it ? Can normally get streams for all Premiership games, not sure all FA Cup games are though, unless its televised. Do hope you are right with the chances of it being televised. Looking at the other fixtures it must have a decent chance. BT Sports had a couple yesterday so surely will get on there...

Bolton v Cardiff
Southampton v Yeovil
Southend v Hull
Arsenal v Coventry
Stevenage v Everton
Chelsea v Stoke

Not so. They could select (and probably will) Bournemouth/Burton v Liverpool, even Sheffield United v Norwich City/Fulham, but I do think we're in with a great chance of being selected.

Funny comment to make, why put out a weakened side and risk having to play another game ? Man Utd made the same mistake and they at least played Ronaldo and Rooney :smile:

Will there be a stream for it ? Can normally get streams for all Premiership games, not sure all FA Cup games are though, unless its televised. Do hope you are right with the chances of it being televised. Looking at the other fixtures it must have a decent chance. BT Sports had a couple yesterday so surely will get on there...

I believe if it is selected as a feature game on ITV highlights they have a proper camera and commentary crew there and it is broadcast live on other channels worldwide (and therefore available here online.) So even if it isn't selected for TV here, it may be live in other countries - I may be wrong though.

It's a "high flying" League 2 team who have just demolished a Championship team against a mediocre Prem team.

Mediocre is not a word I would use to describe their performances in the prem this season....

Hull are 10th in the Premier League, out of 20 teams. They are exactly in the middle. How is that not mediocre?

Hull are 10th in the Premier League, out of 20 teams. They are exactly in the middle. How is that not mediocre?

Technically not, there are 9 better teams and 10 worse teams, therefore above average. :winking:

Theres always risk of a replay when fielding a weakened team obviously but it's the chance you godda take I guess. It worked at middlesborough 2 days ago and Brucey will be hoping for the same again I recon. I may be wrong and as we progress further start playing perm regulars but I highly doubt it. I'd bet anything theres a stream for this one. I found lots of streams for more meaningless fixtures in the past few days. (spending a lot of time abroad, I live on streams) :thumbsup:

FWIW I like the draw...could have been so much poorer!...I chuckled when it was made...Cannot see us winning but if we give a good account of ourselves I will not be unhappy....As a silly/surreal aside, I do not like our Hull copy away kit...Id like to see The tigers play in their normal colours(not that anaemic away kit they use) and for our home strip to be lost or stuck in the wash on the day thus meaning we have to play in the Tiger copy stripes :smile:

Theres always risk of a replay when fielding a weakened team obviously but it's the chance you godda take I guess. It worked at middlesborough 2 days ago and Brucey will be hoping for the same again I recon. I may be wrong and as we progress further start playing perm regulars but I highly doubt it. I'd bet anything theres a stream for this one. I found lots of streams for more meaningless fixtures in the past few days. (spending a lot of time abroad, I live on streams) :thumbsup:

No taps where you live? I'd invest in a bit of Evian, otherwise you'll get all sorts of nasties.

Not so. They could select (and probably will) Bournemouth/Burton v Liverpool, even Sheffield United v Norwich City/Fulham, but I do think we're in with a great chance of being selected.

Why not so? The televised games have to be moved from 3.00pm on the Saturday. Surely to allow the clubs in question enough time to organise, print and sell tickets they will need to make the decisions sooner rather than later?

Back