• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

and phil brown thinks we could fill rootshall for this one, not to sure tho, maybe if tickets are £15 for the game we will do, I think they will be normal prices tho, £20.

Cant see it. After other big draws, and even the football for a fiver games, Ive had lots of people contact me for tickets. No one has contacted me on this one.

Its just not an attractive tie but would love to be proven wrong.

Cant see it. After other big draws, and even the football for a fiver games, Ive had lots of people contact me for tickets. No one has contacted me on this one.

Can you get me one? :winking:

Sure it is not a top 4 team, but we managed to get nearly 8k against a poor Millwall team so why wouldn't we get more against a team from the division above them?

Can you sort me a ticket?

It's a "high flying" League 2 team who have just demolished a Championship team against a mediocre Prem team.

Mediocre is not a word I would use to describe their performances in the prem this season....

Fans on here never cease to amaze me. This is an excellent draw. It's league 2 against prem at home. There is history between our manager and Hull, we are going well in the league and every chance it will be televised and extra media attention, meaning a decent cash reward. This has a classic fa cup giant killing written all over it. Can't wait to get my tickets, tv or not. Utb

Couldn't agree more. Those of you who think it's a crap draw show no respect to our visitors on the day. Please, Please stay at home and allow us non seao's the opportunity to watch our team walk out to play Premiership opposition at Roots Hall

Interesting reaction on the Hull forum:

You've got the laugh....Just been looking at one of their message boards....And they ****ed off they never got a 'big club' FFS this is Southend United we're talking about!!!!! Half the ***** don't seem to know we're 10th in the premier league...Take the first XI down there Steve and tear them a new arsehole.

Looks like the Premiership is getting to their heads.

Couldn't agree more. Those of you who think it's a crap draw show no respect to our visitors on the day. Please, Please stay at home and allow us non seao's the opportunity to watch our team walk out to play Premiership opposition at Roots Hall

Just for the record I am a season ticket holder!

Interesting reaction on the Hull forum:

Looks like the Premiership is getting to their heads.

10th in the Premiership, that means there are 9 bigger teams than them with 7 of them still being in the cup as at the time of the draw. So yes we could have had a better draw than them.

Do they not remember they were in the top 5 of the Premiership last time before spectacularly crashing to 17th in the same season followed that run in the next season to get relegation.

Guess that if they are so big then the North Bank will be filled?

Certainly didn't see that one coming! Phoned my wife from Toulouse to find out our opponents......LOL! Certainly not a glamour tie but a good one, especially at home and with the Phil Brown connection. Personally, I hope it will be on TV as I don't think I shall return to England for it.

Seems to me many on here only worried about whether it will be televised or not, i couldnt give a dam whether it is or not myself, this is a premiership club we been drawn against ,they at present sitting 10th in the ladder , show them some respect people , winnable i would be happy to squeeze a draw and a replay.I think a lot of you have got carried away re the result against a mediocre Millwall side.Anyway in the competition i named Hull at Home so i must win the signed Ball

You are aware this is a premiership team 10th in the league we are talking about ?

Of course we can win, we can win every game we play, but its highly unlikely we will.

So the best case is we get 10,000+ in and we then have to give Hull nearly half of the ticket revenue so about the same worth as a normal home game.

Not a great draw.

I'm staggered by this attitude. Seems a cracking draw to me. A certainty for TV, a good story and very winnable if the team perform to Saturday's level.

Certainly didn't see that one coming! Phoned my wife from Toulouse to find out our opponents......LOL! Certainly not a glamour tie but a good one, especially at home and with the Phil Brown connection. Personally, I hope it will be on TV as I don't think I shall return to England for it.

It was most certainly a wonderful day to be at Roots Hall and will live on in the memory of our players (all of whom were superb) and those fans lucky enough to be there.

I echo your sentiments about the Hull game too.

Seems to me many on here only worried about whether it will be televised or not, i couldnt give a dam whether it is or not myself, this is a premiership club we been drawn against ,they at present sitting 10th in the ladder , show them some respect people , winnable i would be happy to squeeze a draw and a replay.I think a lot of you have got carried away re the result against a mediocre Millwall side.Anyway in the competition i named Hull at Home so i must win the signed Ball

I will be fortunate enough to be at the game. BUT I really want it to be on TV as it means over £122,000 to us. I bet Ron cares a great deal. Personally I don't think it will make much difference to the attendance so hopefully we can still create a good atmosphere and be the 12th man

Back