• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Find it hard to believe some people aren't happy with this draw.

For starters we are at home.

Secondly we have avoided a whole host of far less glamorous ties.

Chuck in there our great win yesterday and the Phil Brown connection this is a game that has a great chance of being televised.

I think it is a certainty to be televised,its a dream draw ,Hull maybe not everyones ideal team ,but it wasnt that long ago if you think back that we was playing them in league games, they are a club that had to struggle to get where they are,albeit they now have a new stadium and a major backer.And they will field a strong team ,thats for certain, been a while since they made the 5th round also.PB will love this tie also and the players you can be sure will give 120% for him and for the supporters, A full house at Roots Hall is assured.

I think overall its a good draw.Could have been better but could have been a lot worse.Bit of added spice with it being Brown"s ex club.TV revenue would come in handy but i am sure it will be a great occasion at Roots Hall

I think overall its a good draw.Could have been better but could have been a lot worse.Bit of added spice with it being Brown"s ex club.TV revenue would come in handy but i am sure it will be a great occasion at Roots Hall

This is how I feel.

As the draw was being made I was getting excited because a lot of the annoying CCC teams had already gone and it was looking good.

Can't believe the general reaction on here. This is a great draw!

We have a Prem team at home with a chance of winning and of course the Phil Brown link to spice things up.

This is almost a CERT to be a live game.

- G.

All games are live arent they ? :smile:

I do hope it is on TV as that means more money, because as it sits we have managed to get to the 4th round and its still not going to generate a lot of money.

This is how I feel.

As the draw was being made I was getting excited because a lot of the annoying CCC teams had already gone and it was looking good.

Certainly a better draw than it could have been, but Hull are not much more than a Championship club in reputation (although their league position at present says otherwise).

If you get one of the bigger clubs away you get a massive windfall that would have had a big impact, unfortunately Hull at home isnt going to have the same effect, thats why its still pretty underwhelming.

If you get one of the bigger clubs away you get a massive windfall that would have had a big impact, unfortunately Hull at home isnt going to have the same effect, thats why its still pretty underwhelming.
Windfall's not necessarily all that massive - did you see Sunderland and Villa's grounds were barely half full, and that was with lower ticket prices than normal!

To put it another way, this weekend we had a juicy 3rd round home tie against a relatively local side from two divisions above us and we still had 30% of our ground to fill, even with lower ticket prices than normal.

If we'd been playing St Albans City at home in round 2, we'd have barely scraped 5,000. I don't imagine most Premiershite fans would turn out in droves for what is in effect their second round tie for a match against the likes of us. The only exceptions to that are when you're playing a club whose ticket sales are normally over-subscribed, where people will snap up tickets for a game against the likes of us simply cos it's their only chance to see their team. I'd only put Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in that bracket.

Windfall's not necessarily all that massive - did you see Sunderland and Villa's grounds were barely half full, and that was with lower ticket prices than normal!

To put it another way, this weekend we had a juicy 3rd round home tie against a relatively local side from two divisions above us and we still had 30% of our ground to fill, even with lower ticket prices than normal.

If we'd been playing St Albans City at home in round 2, we'd have barely scraped 5,000. I don't imagine most Premiershite fans would turn out in droves for what is in effect their second round tie for a match against the likes of us. The only exceptions to that are when you're playing a club whose ticket sales are normally over-subscribed, where people will snap up tickets for a game against the likes of us simply cos it's their only chance to see their team. I'd only put Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in that bracket.

Asw you say if get Man Utd/Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea and youll get a big crowd, and they are the ones that you want to get and Id class as a great draw.

Getting Hull at home isnt, its ok and better than getting a championship side, but not much.

Getting Hull at home isnt, its ok and better than getting a championship side, but not much.

How I see it. Any any Hull fans reading this: I mean your club no disrespect, but you get to play at The Emirates/Anfield etc at least once a year. Cup competitions are OUR only chance for that, and it's rarer than rocking horse poop that we get into the later rounds of the bigger cups.

FFS, we've played league matches against each other not THAT long ago.

Oh stop whinging and buy a ticket you tart.

If you're going to insult me, please spell it right. :raspberry:

I remember us having a massive crowd when we played Hull in the Championship; that games was a 'qualifying' game for Man Utd; i.e. non-seasos had to have a ticket from that game to get one for Man Utd.

As for the draw, it's not *that* bad. Plenty of worse potential draws out there (away to Plymouth or Port Vale anyone?). I guess the novelty factor is limited given how many times we've played Hull over the years, but at least we're in the fourth round and we've got a game that will get plenty of media buzz around the club.

Anyone who doesn't fancy going can babysit my kids instead.

If you're going to insult me, please spell it right. :raspberry:

And if you're going to whinge about my spelling, check your facts. That word can be spelt as whingeing or whinging. :raspberry:

Ticket office number is 08444 77 00 77 by the way*.

*Not that ticket details have been announced yet.

Asw you say if get Man Utd/Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea and youll get a big crowd, and they are the ones that you want to get and Id class as a great draw.

If we had drawn Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea we could have easily been going to Swansea, Oldham or Derby instead. Man City still need to have a replay with Blackburn.

It is a good draw, 31 other teams in the draw and with only 5/6 better and 4 of them weren't a certainty.

I certainly hope that we are on the telly box as it will be shown here in Australia. We had two Southend games shown a couple of seasons ago.

We had the Rochdale v Leeds game here on Saturday night , I think it was a great fillip for Rochdale. I think they will try and show at least one lower division games and with the added spice of us playing Hull we might get the nod.

I mean your club no disrespect, but you get to play at The Emirates/Anfield etc at least once a year.

To be fair, we get to travel to exotic places like Morecambe, Accrington and Mansfield. :winking:

To be fair, we get to travel to exotic places like Morecambe, Accrington and Mansfield. :winking:

tumbleweed.jpg

What a miserable bunch - a great draw & I look forward to a night in the Pig n Whistle English pub cheering us on if it's shown here on ESPN.

Back