• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably not, it doesn't help that this game is sandwiched between another 2 long distance and vitally important away games for us against Norwich and Palace on Tuesday but i think the remaining 300 will sell before Friday, i know a few who haven't got theirs yet!

I think they certainly should be opening that corner section to the Southend fans atleast.

Hull On Tour - Go to Norwich then onto Southend and then onto Palace and then return home with 6 points but out of the FA Cup. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Hull On Tour - Go to Norwich then onto Southend and then onto Palace and then return home with 6 points but out of the FA Cup. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Well that will have to be three points and out the cup, as they lost 1-0 at Norwich on Saturday!

So over 9,000 home tickets sold- I guess about 9200, 1100 Hull so far= 10,300, if they sell the rest of there allocation the 10,600

So over 9,000 home tickets sold- I guess about 9200, 1100 Hull so far= 10,300, if they sell the rest of there allocation the 10,600

It's "their" allocation - yes, really "their" ........... if they sell the rest of their allocation ....... because the allocation belongs to them ....... so it is "their" - it belongs to them (Hull) ................ or 'Ull if you prefer .........:'(

Time for bed ................:facepalm:

But why are there so many unsold seats not being made available. Block X has now sold out, yet what about the seats in the north west corner and the remaining 600 in the NB that the Hull fans are not occupying. Surely a couple of rows segregation and then sell this rest to home fans as we have in the past. Anyone know why this isnt the case?

I'm guess H & S and policing costs/advice are keeping the remaining seat unused. A shame but that is the price that is continued to be paid for because of hooligans. And th:sad:Is game might attract a few unwanted mouth and trouser types who play up as they aren't there to support either team but tickets are cheaper than the usual glory hunter days that are the only alternative to the TV screen supporting they are used to.

I'm guess H & S and policing costs/advice are keeping the remaining seat unused. A shame but that is the price that is continued to be paid for because of hooligans. And th:sad:Is game might attract a few unwanted mouth and trouser types who play up as they aren't there to support either team but tickets are cheaper than the usual glory hunter days that are the only alternative to the TV screen supporting they are used to.

Which is why we will never reach capacity

But why are there so many unsold seats not being made available. Block X has now sold out, yet what about the seats in the north west corner and the remaining 600 in the NB that the Hull fans are not occupying. Surely a couple of rows segregation and then sell this rest to home fans as we have in the past. Anyone know why this isnt the case?

I think you may be double counting seats re the northwest corner and the NB
Y and Z hold 684+ a few restricted
the 'main NB holds 1564

So in 'theory' if Hull brought less than 1564 they could be in the North , and we could be in Y (approx 300 roughly, can't remember exact figure) and we could use Z as segregation --- assuming we can get to Y via X block. I can't recall if the wall at X goes all the way to the back or not, so this may/may not be an issue

the 'main NB holds 1564

So in 'theory' if Hull brought less than 1564 they could be in the North , and we could be in Y (approx 300 roughly, can't remember exact figure) and we could use Z as segregation --- assuming we can get to Y via X block. I can't recall if the wall at X goes all the way to the back or not, so this may/may not be an issue

Ok thanks for that, was always under the impression (without ever checking) that the main NB held 2000 and the corner around 500. Thanks for clearing that up, makes more sense now.

the 'main NB holds 1564

Ok thanks for that, was always under the impression (without ever checking) that the main NB held 2000 and the corner around 500. Thanks for clearing that up, makes more sense now.

The main North Bank must hold 2,000 as Millwall had 2,000 fans in the last round and they were all in the main part of the North Bank.

A current restriction on the North Bank is that if an away team brings more than 1,000 they have to have the whole North Bank so that they can use the access from either end and the additional toilet facilities in the North West corner. That is why blocks Y & Z cant be used for home fans.

The main North Bank must hold 2,000 as Millwall had 2,000 fans in the last round and they were all in the main part of the North Bank.

A current restriction on the North Bank is that if an away team brings more than 1,000 they have to have the whole North Bank so that they can use the access from either end and the additional toilet facilities in the North West corner. That is why blocks Y & Z cant be used for home fans.

Brilliant well it clears that up then, so i wasnt wrong, just was unaware of the regulations. Completely understand the situation, just seems a shame when there are still people unable to get tickets that there may be a fair few seats empty.

Good price! Well done to the club! I'd still like to see seats in South Lower heavily discounted, get lots of kids in there with lots of volume - it was practically empty against Millwall.

Certainly was-Press Photographers were taking pictures from there during the second-half as the rain was so heavy

fair point . My figures came from our OS. I do remember Millwall spilling over slightly into Z, but I agree the numbers do not make sense. The below may be useful/interesting, unfortunately I can't get it to format brillantly
keystandamountamountsource
atotal South inc Family2964
bsouth upper935 http://www.southendunited.co.uk/fans/first-visit/
cfamily (south lower and \Q&R)2029 http://www.southendunited.co.uk/fans/first-visit/
dEast2878 http://www.southendunited.co.uk/fans/first-visit/
eWest S-W inc2738 counted seats using online booking (may be out by a small margin)
fWest X599 counted seats using online booking for York match (may be out by a small margin)
gtotal west3337http://www.southendunited.co.uk/fans/first-visit/
hNorth Y+Z684 counted seats using online booking for York match (may be out by a small margin)
jNorth total2248http://www.southendunited.co.uk/fans/first-visit/
kNorth excluding Y+Z1564J minus H
total11427

I thought the south capacity was around 1800?

OS shows South as 2964 BUT this includes the West family (I have
no idea why they show it this way)
West family on the on line ticketing is 794 seats
therefore South as we know it is 2964-794=2170, so 1800 isn't far out

ps OS shows south Lower as 925, so upper must be 2170-925=1245

Seem to remember sitting in the North west corner when we played Notts Forest a number of years back,with the Forest support similar to Hull numbers .Find it hard to believe that the whole of this corner will be empty.Do we have to give a certain % to Hull?

Back