• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not that it matters now. But Hulls allocation is 2,200 and they have sold 1,100 as of yesterday morning.

The minimum we had to give them was 1,800.

As they have sold over 1,000 both exits in the North need to be open to them, hence no more tickets for home fans.

So unless there is a big take up on the away turnstiles, expect the NW corner to be completely empty, which is a shame.

Not that it matters now. But Hulls allocation is 2,200 and they have sold 1,100 as of yesterday morning.

The minimum we had to give them was 1,800.

As they have sold over 1,000 both exits in the North need to be open to them, hence no more tickets for home fans.

So unless there is a big take up on the away turnstiles, expect the NW corner to be completely empty, which is a shame.
Shame we didn't draw a big club!

Still think with two rows of stewards/police they could have sold the northwest corner and kept the fans apart.

Still think with two rows of stewards/police they could have sold the northwest corner and kept the fans apart.
In a sensible world YES, but just a few weeks ago too many people were glorifying football thuggery in the "good old days" as if fights, bottling and pitch invasions are the right things to do. I see no reason why a Hull fan can't stand next to a Blue on a terrace or in a toilet(as is problem today) but then I enjoy chat and banter with opposing fans rather than threats, abuse and violence.

In a sensible world YES, but just a few weeks ago too many people were glorifying football thuggery in the "good old days" as if fights, bottling and pitch invasions are the right things to do. I see no reason why a Hull fan can't stand next to a Blue on a terrace or in a toilet(as is problem today) but then I enjoy chat and banter with opposing fans rather than threats, abuse and violence.

Don't agree we need segregation it's an us v them attitude and that is what makes football what it is for me

They could have opened a few more of the South Stand Turnstiles.
When that Stand was built an adequate amount of turnstiles for the capacity were put in. No problems with having over half shut on a league game where the stand is at 40% of capacity but when they know that its FULL...

We expected a bit of a queue so we turned up at 1/4 to the queue for the southbank turnstiles was across the car park.
People were also going down the steps and joining the queue mid way and many coming out of the shrimpers just queue jumped to.
We got in at 5 past and the queue was still going back up the steps.

Appalling bit of planning particularly as they have known it was a sellout.
Even if the other turnstiles were not connected to the system a bloke collecting tickets would have increased the flow

Yes. It is because of the Tough, Hard Nuts.

Tough on the remainder of the fans who would like to just have a beer with the game and be treated in the same way as a spectator at other sporting events.

Hard on the club as it has to pay for extra staff and receives less income (and therefore hard on all Southend fans).

Nuts - those that think that standing behind a fence shouting abuse is a key part of their lives. I always wonder how many have severe problems and go home to their mums and dads after the game. :'(

Back