• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We played decent first half but the second period the team looked lopsided ,Why take off Strakes?,We are too one dimensional with every player trying to hit Corr yet the funny thing is our goals were balls not aimed at Corr.Fred is done and dusted.

Lenny and Bents will almost certainly leave and who knows maybe Phil too?

League 2 again is too much to take.

And so we're out in the first leg of the play-offs again. You know what though, I really don't feel that bad. We were embarrassed by Doncaster and dealt with pretty comfortably by Crewe. Today? We were positive, played some really good football and gave it a damn good go. Ultimately, Burton were a bit more clever than us and had just that little bit more luck at key moments.

The team that Brown has put together looks really good. The core of them are under contract for next season too, so this summer should hopefully just be a case of boosting a few key areas.

So although today hasn't gone how we all hoped, I really can't help but feel positive about where we are. Roll on next season and up the Blues!

Bentley 6.5
- Made a couple of decent stops and looked to move the ball quickly. What on earth was he doing forward in the 85th minute!!!
White 7 - Looked defensively solid and did his best going forward.
Egan 6.5 - Had a decent game, but his enthusiasm dragged him out of position a couple of times.
Sokolik 7 - Excepting one slip, looked really impressive.
Coker 8 - A couple of fantastic last minute tackles, looked as classy on the ball as usual.
Timlin 7 - Can't fault the effort or commitment.
Atkinson 7 - Same as Timlin really.
Leonard 7.5 - Great goal, great presence and the long throws weren't bad either.
Straker 7 - Ran around creating havoc wherever he went. Got himself a goal. Good on ya Strakes.
Hurst 6.5 - Wasn't his best performance today, but still created chances.
Corr 6.5 - Gave his best battering ram impression. Great commitment, but could have done with a cooler head in front of goal.

Subs
Clifford 6
- Brought on to try and prevent a red card. We should all reflect on this for a moment!
Eastwood 6 - Made a couple of nice passes but didn't have too big an impact.
Payne 6 - Looked lively, but didn't have the time to do anything more.

Brown - The set up was good and made the right call bringing in Straker. It was nice that he brought on Payne too, as it gave us something a little bit different.

P.S.
Although Burton were 'clever' in the way they played the game, some of their time wasting antics were a little embarrassing. I have no shame in saying that I hope Fleetwood stuff them in the final!

Oh well.... it's only a game.

That's what my dear lady wife just said.

My wife doesn't understand me...........

The effort was there, the ball on the deck was there, the crosses were better than last Sunday, even Straker had a good day but just like last week we didn't have that killer finish in the box. Lenny's goal was class and Straker scored but we really should have finished this lot off. Fair play to Burton, I hope they enjoy their day at Wembley but they are just not Div 1 class. Like others, I hope we can hang on to the likes of Bentley and Lenny, but I cant see Egan or sokolik staying. To sum it up......oh bollox, I am too ****ed off at the moment to post any more!

The lack of a genuine striker has finally hit us.

Not helped by nothing dropping for us in the box since the Millwall game.

Cannot fault the effort but why so many hanging crosses when we all know they need to be whipped in.

The long throw never has anyone anticipating the knock down either.

Understood reasons for taking off Timlin after the booking but it affected us.

All in all a good season but just not good enough.

A solid nucleus of a side for next season if we can find a striker.

What could have been with either Tomlin or Assombolonga !

Over the two games we should have had enough to get past Burton.

Their tactics worked and we rushed into mistake after mistake. We needed a bit of luck in the box but all the ricochets didn't fall for us. Also I said last time we had to stop giving away silly free kicks but we didn't learn from last Sunday. I would have liked to see us run at them more, make them make mistakes, but not to be.

Bringing back Barnard didn't work and it would have been nice to have the option of say a Loza to come on with 25 mins to go.

Next season we need more firepower and to keep our better players (including loanees). If Bentley does go let's hope we use the money well.

Whatever it's another season in league 2 which we don't belong but can't escape from.

r u having a laugh . we have been in leaguw 2 for 4 seasons now going to be 5. we are a league 2 club m8 we gotta except it .

Brown had no plan b. Same old story. Rowett out foxed him, simple as that.

Second half showing was very poor until the 85th minute.

Got what we deserved. Nothing.

Another year in this **** division...............and it wasn't a difficult year to get promotion. Next season I reckon Luton and improving Portsmouth are going to provide a big threat.......automatic promotion may not be that easy.

The team that played the best lost. That ref needs slapping too.

I think Bentley will leave, but Leonard will stay having just signed a three year deal

Phil Brown, an offer from a L1 side? Who knows if he would take it or not

need a striker, litterally all that's missing from that side. And a little bit more pace

Embarrassing. Bottled it at 2-1. Fans looked stupid....We lost. That was our big chance. Not a chance of going up next season. Need 3 CB's, a new right back, 3 new strikers and a new keeper once Bentley moves out. Mid table at best next season.

Not sure how Burton are going to cope at Wembley. The number of players they have with head injuries is surely going to test the depth of their squad.

Another team who shut up shop and exploit the break take something away from RH . Its hardly a shock....

Oh well. Last 20 mins of the first half were cracking. I'm not knocking PB at all with this comment because I can understand the reason but the substitution of Timlin was, for me, a turning point in the game. After their goal we were flat for almost 20 mins. Leonard was close I suppose. It's been an up and down season. Central defence and yes I agree a striker for me if the nucleus of the rest of the team stays. Freddy can stay as a sub. He's still got something left but we need something a little more than that which is definitely not Barnard.

Fair play to Straker, I thought he was excellent today and not just the goal. Burton did one over 2 games on Corr though I thought he played ok today in his usual way apart from where it mattered most. Can't fault the effort

I don't think we'll have either of the two CBs but Prosser before injury plus one fills that. If we can keep most of the midfield and get a striker and hold on to our keeper I'm more than hopeful for next season.
Barnard will be here next season you heard it here 1st;)

Am so disappointed I really don't know what to say. All I do know is that Burton are certainly not a good advert for football. I am hoarse from shouting today

Least those fans moaning about "Wembley fans" and asking where they were at "rubbish northern team" away on a Tuesday can go back to supporting a club without a buzz and poor home attendances.

I think u have to say Gary Rowett is one of the best managers in the lower leagues and will surely go onto bigger clubs. Got his tactics right over both games and justified his team selections. We just didn't have enough goal threat which is the story all season and we really need to look at set pieces next season. They were crucial for Luggy and Brown needs to make better use of them.

Congrats to Burton and good luck to them at Wembley. I feel we lost the tie when we didn't come out firing in the second half. Burton were looking lethargic at that point, but we could not up the intensity of our game, we seemed to sit back and stopped running the channels.
They brought on Kee, who changed the game. He won every long ball and got Burton playing higher up the pitch, leading to silly fouls and a goal (although the set piece in question did not look a foul to me). The goals we conceded were disappointing considering our defensive record.
Burton were a very beatable side in my view so this hits a bit harder than previous, but if we can keep hold of and build on our current squad then we should challenge for the top next season.

Back