• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ha surprise surprise! No stadium news, missing out on signings & no contract extension for Brown - you can say at lot about Ron but at least he's consistent(ly disappointing)

Ha surprise surprise! No stadium news, missing out on signings & no contract extension for Brown - you can say at lot about Ron but at least he's consistent(ly disappointing)

Brown has a year left on his contract, thats no big issue.

We have missed out on a few we never thought we would get and signed Weston.

The stadium however is par for the course, maybe these mysterious chaps are indeed doing something related to the ground and it marks a step, maybe not. Time will tell.

I went into Screwfix yesterday and they are all out of stadium nails and arena screws.

Make if this what you will.

do any if us really think the new stadium will ever happen iv had one ******** two many out of his gob about this
if he can bull on live tv what person in the right frame of mind will deal with him

do any if us really think the new stadium will ever happen iv had one ******** two many out of his gob about this
if he can bull on live tv what person in the right frame of mind will deal with him

Turn the question around. Do you honestly think that Sainsburys would have ploughed all the the money into SUFC that they already have, and then walk away from the project? It's a long time since this was in Ron's control. He is just Saino's poodle now.

Ok this is what I have found out by going on the Rochford Distict council site planning . Smithers farm Proposed Drainage Works a surface water Attenenuation pond servingNorth /southsection of NewFossets farm link Road and proposed Adjoining development together with Associated Drainage connections . Site location pond to the east of smithers chase Sutton road Rochford Application Lansbury Retail LTD this was refused but if you look it was passed in 2013 this may answer all your questions .If you need to know more go on ROCHFORD DISTRICT PLANNING SITE .

If they are making a pond there, we could always form an angling club to raise some cash !!:net:

I've seriously given up. I just Don't know how the official line can be that we were weeks away from chosing a builder and then nothing. This whole situation makes a mockery of the club and us the fans. It wouldn't be annoyed if Martin just told the truth. He just doesn't have a clue.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but I went past on Friday. There is a digger there and one or two people working but this is next to the cottage and is on the other side of the road to where Fossett's Farm will be built so I don't see this being linked. For the land itself it is as overgrown as before.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but I went past on Friday. There is a digger there and one or two people working but this is next to the cottage and is on the other side of the road to where Fossett's Farm will be built so I don't see this being linked. For the land itself it is as overgrown as before.

Yes it is on the other side of the road. But this is where the car park and training ground facilities will be.

I had a good look at the plans today and cant for the life of me work out what they are doing. I thought it maybe a flood attenuation pond, but according to the plans this is nowhere near where they are currently working.

They are still there digging said hole today. But agree, this doesn't appear to be much to get excited about, as it is on private land at Smithers Farm. So surely is not linked.

Can anyone post something sensible and up-to-date please?

sensible-shoes4-300x200.jpg

Not to do with the "work" going on near FF but this is related.

"Rumours" surfaced a few weeks back that Sainsbury are "reviewing" their involvement in the whole project. Well this would appear to be more than just a rumour...

I have heard this from a couple of very well placed people now and may go some way to explain the further delays.

It seems the new guy at Sainsbury is going through all their projects with a fine tooth comb and they maybe changing their strategy towards more "convenience" type stores, than big supermarkets. In an attempt to claw back some of the market share from budget supermarket places like Lidl and Aldi.

What that means for us I don't know. But things are certainly not running to plan at the moment clearly. I believe there is a special board meeting in the next week or so to discuss...

Hopefully these issues can be addressed and things can get moving sharpish. But at the moment I am very concerned that the whole project is very close to collapse.

Back